part 10

I sat in the waiting room, trying to calm myself down. Soon enough I felt someone pulling me up, off the seat. I saw Logan and Calum standing in front of me, pulling me towards Colin's room again.

"He wants to talk to you." Logan mumbled as we stopped outside the room. I looked at him with furrowed eyebrows, hoping for a bit of an explanation but he simply shrugged.

I pushed the door open and didn't even look at him, I kept my eyes on the floor.

"Lils? What's wrong?" Colin asked, clearly noticing I'm not looking at him. I didn't even notice the nickname until a few moments later.

"Nothing... I want to say sorry though... I shouldn't have pushed you so much... I won't say anything else about it all from now on..." I sighed, sitting in one of the seats a couple of feet away from his bed.

"No. If I'm going to talk about it to anyone it'll be you. Weirdly, I trust you more than the boys. I'm glad you were trying to help me. Even if I got mad at you at the time." He spoke, I looked up at him for a split second before quickly looking back down.

We both stayed quiet. I wanted to say so much to him, including the fact that I like him, but it's just not the right place or time to be honest.

"If I've got the same blood type I'm going to donate some blood to you... I'm just waiting for my dad to text me back with permission and what blood type I am." I suddenly blurted out. He looked at me, confused and what looked slightly concerned.

"No, you don't have to do that, you hate needles..." the boy argued, causing me to smile.

When we were here on Saturday night I told him that I hate needles. And he actually remembered, I didn't expect him to.

"It's fine... I want to." I simply smiled, looking down at the floor once again.

"Uhm anyway... what else did you want to talk to me about?" I asked while sinking into the chair and bringing my knees up to my chest.

"Oh uh right... I guessed you might be under the impression that... well what I did, was your fault. It's not. I promise. It's Definitely not your fault." He explained while keeping his eyes on me.

I nodded my head, even if he is saying that he could just be saying that to keep me happy. Then again... he's trying to make me happy- no, shut up Lily! He doesn't like you.

I heard him clearing his throat, bringing me out of my thought. He was holding up the sheets that were laying over him. Was he saying to get in with him?

I furrowed my eyebrows. I'll wait until he gives me more context. "You look cold, now get in idiot." Colin chuckled, still holding the covers open.

How could I turn that down? An opportunity to lay in the same bed as my (newfound) crush. I slid in, next to him and instantly his hand wrapped around my waist, pulling me closer so I didn't fall off.

We both sat in silence for a split second before I started to talk again, "so Mr Player, who's your girl of the week and when is she going to show up?" I laughed awkwardly, I was trying to lighten the mood and failed miserably.

"I don't technically have a girl of the week... or month or anything.. she doesn't like me back I don't think." He mumbled, clearly a shift in his already damp mood. Great.

"Oh really? Who is it? Do I know her well?" I asked, turning to face him, secretly feeling a bit heartbroken. I can't say I'm surprised.

"Yeah, you do, very well actually." His eyes locked with mine and I began scraping my brain. The only person I know particularly well is my sister. Does he like my sister?

"Uh.. my sister?" I questioned, slightly scared of the answer. His face stiffened as his eyes widened and brows lifted in shock.

"What? No! No, I don't like your sister.. but you're close.." he looked at me with this look in his eyes. It was like he was scared. I've never seen it before. I felt his grip on my waist tightening.

"I don't know anyone that well apart from her, just tell me." I protested making him roll his eyes. Rude. What was that for? I watched him take a deep breath and begin to speak.

"It's you-" before he could finish his sentence the door fell open and the two boys stumbled into the room.

"For god sake! You and your fat ass! I told you not to lean against it!" Logan scoffed while standing up and glaring at Calum.

I quickly got up from the bed, realising how weird out of context this looks. "Oh great, you've ruined the mood now! God's sake, Logan!" Calum growled while walking back out of the room.

"Were you guys listening to us?!" Colin hissed at them both, Logan and Calum shared a glance before quickly leaving the room and shutting the door behind them.

"That was a bit of a mood-killer... did you hear who I said?" Colin laughed while once again rubbing the back of his neck, he does that a lot... I wonder if it's a nervous thing.

"Yeah... I did..." I smiled while sitting back down on the chair.
He looked at me, confused about why I'd moved off the bed.

"Why are you sat all the way over there? Oh god, wait you don't like me and now I've made things awkward haven't I?" He spoke as his face dropped and his hand slapped against his forehead.

"No, no, no! Uhm.. this is hard to explain without it coming out wrong..." I let out a sigh. I like him. I do. But I'm scared, I still don't know why he was put in prison. Also, he's a player! It'll never go right!

"What do you want to know? Something about me is bothering you isn't it?" He spoke up, making it a bit easier to voice the problem.

"Why did you go to prison?"