Chapter 1

"Yes, I got a goal!" A boy exclaimed as he kicked the ball. The goalie tried to stop it, but it flew past him. It was a warm September day. The kids from the area were playing soccer. It was a small field. Dennis kicked the ball into the goal again. The players that were on his team cheered. "Oh, come on, can't you play easy? I am your young brother. Why isn't this game easy for me? This is not fair!" A young boy's voice queried from the other team. "Yeah, can't we score a goal for once?" a girl said with a whiny tone of voice. The soccer team with the kids who attended middle school gathered in a huddle. One of Dennis's friends thought that the other team was not playing as well. One of Dennis's friends said. "Let us let them score one goal into our net. For just this one time." Dennis and the rest of his friends got ready for the next match. The soccer ball dropped onto the ground and the kids from the other team kicked the ball towards goalie's net on Dennis's side of the soccer field.

There were six kids playing on each side of the soccer field. One of them is Dennis Binge. He has sandy blond like hair. He was also had some big muscles on his arms. There were two girls on his team. They were twins. Their names were both Zoey and Jill. They both had light brown hair. Jill had her hair always braided. Zoey always had her hair in a ponytail. They both enjoyed different classes. Jill is an expert when it comes to music classes. Zoey is always good in math classes. The twins both have different favorite colors. Zoey's favorite color is red. While Jill's favorite color is brown. There was also Bert. He always wears a striped shirt. His hair is only half an inch short. He tries to be good friends with the kids on his team. Bert once bullied Dennis. Since being in middle school, he tries to make friends with everybody in the middle school. The fifth kid on Dennis's team was Sonny. He has red hair and enjoys telling jokes to his friends. Whenever, something bad happens at school, or if one of his friends is hurt, Sonny tries to cheer them up. He became friends with Bert first before getting him to make friends with the other classmates at school. The sixth soccer player on Dennis's team is Reggie. He has messy dark hair. Reggie does not like his hair to get trimmed. He tries to get the most attention in Dennis's group. Reggie does clean up his room and tries to help out the teachers at school. Reggie enjoys getting compliments from the teachers and the classmates he has. "Come on little brother. Go and pass the ball to your teammates. Then you can get a goal." Dennis's little brother is called Pete. He has curly sandy blond hair. He does like to show off to his parents. Pete even tattletales on Dennis a few times. The parents do not believe him. They know that Dennis tried to be responsible. Pete slowly kicks the ball to the goal. "Pete, pass it to me! Not me!" His teammates say. Pete was too focused on getting one goal for his team. He did not pass the ball. When Pete kicked the ball into the net, Reggie stopped him. "Hey why did you do that?" Pete complained as Reggie held the ball to the ground using his foot. "If you want to get a goal for your team, you must do a pass." Jill reminded him.

Pete backed to where his team's goalie net was. He waited until the soccer ball was put next to his foot. Reggie put the ball near Pete's feet and backed up towards' his team's side of the soccer field. "Don't worry Pete, you got this!" Dennis said encouragingly. His little brother slowly kicked the ball partway across the field before passing it to one of his teammates. A girl about his age named May kicked the ball before passing it to another one of Pete's teammates named Frank. He was close enough to the goal. Bert was guarding the goalie net. He watched as Frank kicked the ball toward the net. The boy suddenly passed the ball to another teammate named Nancy. She kicked the soccer ball into the goalie net. This pass caught Bert by surprise. He picked up the ball that was in goalie net. Dennis checked his watch. "It's time to put the soccer equipment away." He said to the children. Bert and Reggie carried the goalie nets. "It's also nearly time for supper." Zoey added. Pete groaned as he followed his older brother Dennis back home. Reggie and Bert put the goalie nets in the storage room in the small park where the soccer field is. They both caught up with the group as they went back home. Each older kid helped some of the children get back home. Dennis went back home with his younger brother. Bert was carrying the soccer ball back home since it was his. "Could we stay out a little bit longer next time big brother?" Pete asked. "And miss your supper? No way! Come on Mom and Dad might be worried about us." "I think Mom and Dad need to calm down and stop worrying about me. You can just tell them that I really like playing soccer. And so, I'm playing soccer with my friends." Pete reasoned. "Mom and Dad are already worried about us. They must want us back home for a nice meal. Besides, it is their business to know where we are." Dennis said. Pete began to grumble to himself. "Are you planning to tattle on me again?" Dennis pumped.