31. Who Do We Have Here?

I couldn't tell anyone how long it had been since Liam had gone. I couldn't say it had been more than a week. I had been mapping out the mansion, making mental notes of blind spots and possible exits. Liam's guards seemed to like skinship and poker, so I used that to my advantage. Reina seemed to have the same idea. Though she took it up a notch and teased them with the idea of bedding her.

We hung out sometimes, but I didn't like her. She seemed obsessed with Liam. It was weird. I knew she was only hanging with me, because she wanted to make sure I wasn't planning on stealing Liam from her. I wouldn't dream of doing that. Like I told him, I'd rather die. Why would I want to be with a man who lied to me from the beginning? Wait...that's what happened with Derek.

I stood at the door and debated on whether I should try to escape today. I had nearly memorized the layout of the place. If I happened upon a place I never went to, then it'll be harder to hide. Especially with the guards randomly showing up out of nowhere. They always manage to scare me. It's like they know I'm up to something and want to catch me in the act.

Before I could change my mind, I opened the door and peeked out. A guard was walking by with his head down. I assumed he was looking at his phone. He was probably one of the guys who constantly texted from dating apps. They must not get out much.

I stepped into the hall after he had rounded the corner. The door closed gently behind me. I looked both ways and decided I'd go to the last place I'd been mapping out. It was quite easy to get there. There were never any guards around. It was as if they thought it wasn't a spot that needed any surveillance.

A guard happened to be coming my way as I got closer to the hall I'd been in. He spotted me and a sinister smile creeped onto his face. I wanted to avoid him, but I knew he would follow me wherever I decided to go. There was only one way to get him off my back. I didn't want to, but it was the only thing I could think of.

"Hey there, beautiful," he said. "Where're you headed?"

I decided not to answer, but stopped to meet his gaze.

"Oh, you're all hush mouth today. Want me to change that for you?" I rolled my eyes. "Hey now, beautiful." He slammed his hand against the wall behind me. I flinched. "Now...don't make me ask you again. It's not that hard to answer a simple question."

"I was stretching my legs."

"Well, I've never seen you in the east wing. Doing some exploring?"

"You could say that."

"Well, I've got something you could explore..." He winked at me. I scoffed.

"Sorry. No can do." I ducked under his arm and began walking away. "Apparently I belong to Liam. I'm sure he doesn't want you to have your way with me."

"Liam didn't put a restriction on you."

"Restriction?" I stopped walking and turned around.

"Yeah. He does that with the women he likes the most. Like Reina. Chenelle. He didn't say anything about you."

The look on his face said he wasn't kidding. Honestly, that sounds like something Liam would do. I'm pretty sure he has some type of restriction on me. There's no way he left me in a mansion full of horny guards and say they could have anyone but Reina. Maybe that's why she's not afraid to tease them. She knows they can't have her.

"So...what do you think about having a little fun?" the guard asked.

"I'd rather die," I spat.

He looked taken aback by words, but his smile came back all too quickly. I was expecting him to try to grab me, but he only shrugged and went on his way. I stood alone in confusion. Why didn't he force himself on me? I know a few guards who would challenge Liam's authority in a heartbeat. I guess he isn't one of them.