𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞. 𝐛𝐨𝐧𝐝

This morning went on so fast, as Rasmei's eyes cracked open

This morning went on so fast, as Rasmei's eyes cracked open. She moved a little but not a little too far from where she could feel the weight from her side. However she frowned when she realized that this wasn't her bed at all and there was actually a person who was sleeping beside her.

Somehow, she turned her head slowly to the soft snore that brushed against the back of her face. This was the moment she realized she was the one who had fallen asleep on Jake's bed earlier that night. Rasmei almost jerked when she realized she had been resting on his arm instead of a pillow when she came up completely and curled herself to a smiley glance up at the face in front of her. Jake is still fast asleep and hasn't moved. She had hoped that his military background would help him get up early, but instead he slept soundly like a dead person, and she occasionally had to shake him up. She didn't want to disturb his slumber just now. She wanted to watch him sleep beside her.

His chin was covered in a beard that he has not shaven since a few weeks ago, and she unknowingly reached over to touch it. She was drawn to his lips by their delicate pink hue and the gentleness they provided for her tracing fingertips. She felt awkward touching him that way while he was still asleep and knew she would be doomed if he opened his eyes. But when she noticed Jake's eyes gradually open and the first thing he looked at was her, her hunch turned out to be true.

When Rasmei realized she had been caught caressing his face, she exhaled and nervously shifted her gaze back to the fingers she was now pressing against her own chest. S she sensed her cheeks warming up, and she was certain he could hear her heartbeat and the butterflies fluttering in her stomach. Perhaps this feeling was excessive in the morning. Jake woke up with the finest view of the day, watching her heat up and get ashamed about what she had done earlier, but he said nothing and secretly liked it. Rasmei has always been skilled at hiding her emotions, so even though he has always been around, she has never become agitated. Jake started to smile as soon as he realized how she was feeling because it began shining through like daylight. He has crashed her wall and hit his point.

He groaned to get away from his grogginess before speaking. ''How long have you been watching me, 'Smei? My arm really go static because of you and I could basically sue you from touching my handsome face..''

Jake has that shit eating grin graced on his lips while his arm was pulled up to rest under his head. He watched as she shifted herself up to have her back pressed against the wall behind while trying to compose her words to speak. He did care so much about his handsome face. ''Yeah, more than you think I am, instead I thought you're going to take a chance of having me -.''

''Hey, you stole my bed last night and I'm not that pervert.'' He scoffed at her while using his finger to poke her leg only to have her slapping him off playfully. ''You were sprawled out all over me like a starfish, making it hard for me to even breathe.''

Rasmei raised her chin at him, and insisted back by leaning down to him. ''Whatever, you're trying to say but I'm sure Mr. Sully...'' Again, she smiled down at him deviously, while hand pressed down his chest. He watched as her eyes quipped down to what in between his legs. ''....I know that one thing isn't going to lie.''