𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧. 𝐚𝐟𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐠𝐥𝐨𝐰

A storm that arrived on the scene at the same time as the eclipse's darkness closed the dazzling eye of the sky and obscured the stars and Polyphemus's dim light. The waves hissed as they slammed on shore while the wind howled through the night like a pack of screaming banshees. The waves were still rising over the protection of the barrier and the water was still black and tumultuous, clogged with seafoam. Nutlusa were one of those creatures. As the storm intensifies, the little sand and stone outcrops are submerged in the rising water. Rain means staying inside for the day and avoiding the choppy waters, which might easily snag even if the clan's best swimmer wouldn't get themselves out from the dangers either.

Rasmei was in the tents with Ronal and the other few other women. It was a time for grunt work, mending, weaving, and making. Rasmei had been let go for the day when Ronal exchanged one of her finished baskets for another that was loaded with newly colored sea fronds and shells that she had gathered. Since the Omaticaya Tsakarem didn't go down the sea like the others, that was how Ronal did for her.

She walked through the path of the bouncing floor with the sensation of cold ocean wind brushed past her majestic indigo skin. Since her own arrival, this was the first storm to sweep over Awa'atlu, she recounted it well enough. The woodland was not as shaken by storms as the sea was and Rasmei knew how dangerous it was to be out here in the ocean. She opened the flap of her entrance of her hut over to see only Tuk ruffling through the box of many of the beads she had made with Nxkka and other friends by the corner nearby her mattress. 

Her smile came over as she watched Tuk reacted boringly because she felt like she had been spending her whole days without going out from her Marui. Rasmei sat her basket down and began her work on those shells. ''Mama?''

Tuk came closer to her mother as she leaned her chin on the shoulder. Rasmei raised her brows as she moved her face looking at Tuk pouting as if she was trying to ask her mother for something. She has been confined to her mother for the entirety of the morning and has begun muttering about how uninteresting the day has been. Rasmei hoped that Neteyam and Kiri would stay inside someone's marui rather than wandering around when they were with Lo'ak while they were out and about. Rasmei had faith in Rotxo and Tsireya in this one situation to keep them in one place.

''Huh?'' Rasmei hummed while her fingers were busy with her own knife. ''What do you want, sweetie potty?''

''Can I play with your hair?'' Tuk asked lightly, fingers already fridging onto her mother's hair already. It was because Rasmei let all her hair down with no braids if it were for the two that framed the front of her face. Tuk always dreamed of getting her hair just like her mother's hair, it was silk and always felt soft for her to run her three fingers through with the beautiful black color. Lastly, she has long hair because Rasmei managed to keep them for more than two years now. She rarely braided her hair because she hated how it had to take so much time and her scalp was painfully hurt for that. Rasmei smiled at Tuk's request.