Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Song: “Summer Fade’s To Fall” Faber Drive

After the argument with Kenny, he opened my eyes a bit. I knew that what he said was the truth, I just didn’t want to admit it.

On Tuesday of that same week I felt like going for a run. I hadn’t gone running since I was Taylor was here. I use too run every day when I skated. It would help build up leg muscles. He would make me run and do some sort of exercise. He said I need to stay in shape.

I started running a slow pace and increased at my own pace. I could feel I was out of shape. I was skinny because I watched what I ate, and like I said when Taylor was here he would make me run. But he’s not here so I had no reason to run.

As I ran I could hear someone say something to me; I just ignored it. Probably some pervert saying something like, “Hey cutie, why don’t you and I take a little nature run in the woods and get to know each other?” Believe me I’ve heard that more often than you think.  That’s when I invested in a Ipod, and a good set of earbuds, that isolated outside noise. I ignored whatever was being said and focused on the music. Until I felt a hand on my shoulder.

“Oh my God!” I screeched grabbing my chest.

“I’m sorry Nico” I heard.

I turned around to see Kenny standing there. I looked at him, he was in a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt, he was coated with sweat, so that the cotton of his t-shirt clung to his muscles pretty nice.

“I didn’t mean to scare you” He said laughing a little.

“No, it’s cool” I said as I tried to catch my breath.

“You must have had your music up pretty loud” He said.

I nodded. “Yeah, I thought you were some perv trying to pick me up”

He laughed, causing me too laugh.

I looked down and noticed that I was standing in front of him with no make –up on, hair in a messy bun, and I wearing a sports bra, and running shorts, covered in sweat. The guys haven’t ever seen me without make-up. Taylor wouldn’t have seen me either if he and I didn’t live with each other.

“So what are you doing over here?” I asked as we began to involuntarily to run together.  Kenny’s place was at least a couple miles away from my house.

“I always run over here” He said. “It’s close to the arena”

I nodded. He was running a little faster than I could.

“So I don’t know if Jackie called you or not, but a group of us are going down to the lake” He said.

I nodded. ”You guys will have tons of fun” I said.

“You know you’re invited?” He asked.

“Kenny I don’t know” I said.

“Come on, your our friend” He said running even faster than before.

“But it’s going to be the Spits and they’re girlfriends, I’ll just feel out of place” I said.

“No you won’t”

“Jessica made it pretty clear I didn’t belong at the last party” I said trying to keep up with him.

“Screw Jessica!” He said raising his voice. “She’s the one that doesn’t belong”

“She actually has a boyfriend on the team”

“Doesn’t mean anyone wants her on the team” He said. He hated Jessica, but then again who didn’t hater her.