Chapter 16

Chapter 15

Girls I’m warning you there is some pretty intense sexual content, so consider yourself warned.

Song: “Story of Us” Taylor Swift

Nico’s POV

“Yeah?” he questioned back.

“I just wasn’t expecting you to call me this late” I said rubbing the cruddy mess from my eyes.

“Isn’t it only like twelve thirty there” I looked at the clock, and it was 12: 41.

“Twelve forty one but who actually cares”

He laughed a little.  “You’re such a tard”

I smiled.

It was silent for a moment.

“Why are you calling me Taylor?” I asked. He had made it very clear that he didn’t want to talk to me, and I gave him the same exact message back.

 “I’m guessing you haven’t seen the fight then”

“Yeah I did. How’s your foot, ankle, or whatever you hurt?” I asked.

“Ankle, and I don’t know yet. I have to wait till tomorrow to get x-rays done”

“You never answered my first question” I said. “Why exactly are you calling me?”

 “I don’t know really” I could hear the hesitation in his voice. “I just got home from the arena; I guess it was out of habit”

“You never called me after the games” I coldly said.

 I could hear him sigh into the phone; I swear I could feel his breath on my neck. “Nicolette I didn’t call to argue with you”

“Then why did you call?”

“I don’t know!” he said.

“You must have had a reason Taylor” I know I was being a brat right now, but I figured I did deserve the right to be one.

“I guess” he stopped choosing his words wisely. “I guess I figured if I heard your voice, it might make me feel better” I heard the fear in his voice. I’ve seen Taylor scared or nervous twice; first before the last game of the Memorial cup, and the second before the draft.

I sat up leaning up against my headboard.

“Are you scared Taylor?” I asked softly.

He didn’t answer me, which meant he was.

“Why are you scared?”

“Why are you asking me so many questions?” he asked out of frustration.

“I asked you first”

I heard him groan. “Because Nico, I’ve already lost too many things that mean so much to me!” he said. “I’ve lost friends back in Windsor”

“You haven’t lost your friends here in Windsor” I said. Elly and the guys would always be his friends.

“I’ve lost you too another man. The one thing I promised myself I wouldn’t lose. I can’t lose hockey too”

I ignored what he said about losing me for the moment and come back to that in a minute. “You’re not going to lose hockey Taylor”

“How do you know Nico? What if it’s something really bad happened to my ankle? What if my career is over before it’s really started?”

Sometimes he could be the biggest drama king; but I did understand what he was saying.

“Your hockey career isn’t over Taylor”