Chapter 5

Song: “Crash into me” Dave Matthews Band. (Song in External Link)

“What should I be for Halloween?” Jackie asked as we went down the aisles of this costume store.

I shrugged my shoulders. “I have no idea”

“I got it!” She said. “Why don’t we go as hockey players?”

I laughed. “You have seriously been with Ryan way too long”

“I mean it; but sexy hockey players.  I can take two of the Spitfire’s jersey’s and turn them into dresses, and we can wear leg warmers with some heels and put like a small cut on our face’s”

I laughed. “Sure, why not”

“I’ll just have Ryan get me some jerseys” She said.

We went and got red and white leg warmers, and a pair of 6in heels. Jackie was super creative at stuff like this. There was no doubt in my mind that she was going to make these outfits super hot.

Ryan was having a Halloween party for the team, and as girlfriend alum I was invited. She got an Ellis jersey. She tried getting a Hall jersey, but of course they didn’t have any; so she got a Ryan jersey.

 “So what do you think Jessica is going as?” I asked as we worked on the costumes one day.

Jackie snorted. “A hooker?”

I laughed now.

“So how are things with you and Taylor?” She asked as she pinned the reconstructed jersey, so it would fit me.

I shrugged. “Better I guess. When he came, it was nice to have him back again.” I said as I played with the sleeve of the jersey.

“Stand still” She demanded.

“So what’s with the Kenny jersey?” I asked.

“Well Ryan couldn’t find a Taylor jersey, they had sold them all”

I nodded. “I hope people don’t get the wrong idea” I said laughing.

She smiled. “You guys have been spending a lot time together” She said. She wasn’t her normally bubbly self. When Jackie gets into her creative mind set, she gets focused. “What’s up with that?”

“He’s just being a good friend” I said.

“Hun, he’s a guy. Guys are only good friends to other guys” Jackie said.

“Do you think he has a thing for me?”

She shrugged her shoulders. “It’s crossed my mind a couple of times. He does always find a way to hang out with you, and he’s always the first one to offer you a ride or something. It could be nothing”

“Probably is nothing” I said as she stepped back so I could look at myself in the mirror. 

“Just be careful Nico” She said as I pulled the jersey of my head. “I just wouldn’t want you do something stupid”

I nodded.

Kenny’s POV

The night of the game she wasn’t answering any of my texts. I had been worried about her. So I went and waited at her house so I knew she got home safe.

I don’t know why I was putting myself through this torture. She was happily with Taylor. I couldn’t help but have these dreams about her; these amazing dreams where I would wake up in a cold sweat.  I would have smutty, dirty dreams about her, where she was in my bed with nothing but sheets, laid out like a buffet for me too feast on. Dreams where our hands roamed everywhere and our bodies glistened with sweat, whispering each other’s names. Then there were other dreams where it was as simple as driving to only God knows, her fingers interlaced with mine. They felt more like nightmares, because when I wake up she wouldn’t be there, and I would be alone with morning wood.