Chapter 8

Song: "Fly" Ludovico Einaudi (Song in external link)

“Five, Four, Three, Two, One! HAPPY NEW YEAR!” Everyone screamed.

I turned to Taylor, and kissed him. I remember a year ago, him and I were making our way up Jonny’s stairs to go have sex for the first time.

“You look beautiful tonight” He whispered in my ear.

I had decided on this short, black, open back dress I had gotten awhile back with Kenny when I needed a retail therapy session, and Jackie couldn’t go. He had picked the dress out, telling me to just try it on. But when I did, he got this weird look on his face, and said maybe I shouldn’t buy it. But I couldn’t help it, I felt so sexy in it. I pair it with the shoes I had gotten for Taylors draft and matching jewelry, then straightened my hair, teasing it up like the rock star I was.

The last week had been pretty stressful. I still had to share Taylor with the rest of Edmonton, but I guess I don’t know, I figured I’d better suck it up.

“Hallsy!” We both turned to see Jordan with his arm around some blonde standing there; I know she was definitely not Lauren. “Were getting out here, you wanting to join?”

He looked at me, then turned back too Jordan. “Sure were in”

I guess my telepathic messages I was sending him didn’t get past his thick skull.

He dragged me out of the crowded club. He knows how much I hate crowds, but he still did it.

We ended up going to this other club. My head pounded from the music, and could barely hear anything.

I felt my phone vibrate in my purse. I opened it up, and saw I had a few text messages. One was from my Aunt Gina wishing me a Happy New Year, and another from Jackie saying the same thing. The last one was from Kenny, his read.

“HAPPY NEW YEAR! I hope everything is good in Edmonton. But not too good, we all miss you here”

I smirked and walked to the ladies room.

I dialed Kenny’s number, and he answered after the first two rings.

“Hey Nico!”

“Hey, thanks for the message” I said.

“Oh you’re welcome” He paused. “So how’s Taylor?” He asked.

“I wouldn’t know, I haven’t seen him much, he’s always doing Oiler stuff. I see him at night and that’s about it”

“I’m sorry Nico”

“Its fine, I mean, I better learn to suck it up”

“But-“He went to finish his sentence, but didn’t. “Yeah it’s hard”

It was silent for a minute. “Well I’m glad everything is good”

“Thanks Kenny” I stepped away from the sink so a girl could put her lip gloss on. “Well I better get going; I’ll see you when I get back”

“Ok, promise me a mega movie night?”

I laughed. Him and I had gotten too where we would have huge movie marathons. That would go on till the early hours in the morning.

“Of course” I said smiling. “How about watch something besides guy movies?”

I could hear him snicker. “Sure anything”

“And not hockey tapes either!”

“Ok! I promise nothing guy related”

I smiled. “Good, well I see you when I get back”