Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Seungmin didn't work as told he did that morning.  Jeongin keeps texting him and after a while, Chan and Felix are also texting him. It feels weird like this, Chan is very formal in his text but he never forgets to tell him to eat and sometimes he forgets the boundary, and they joke around. Jeongin and Felix are aware of this but they didn't comment on it as weird. Felix and Jeongin frequently go to his apartment. They sometimes bring food and mostly just stay for an hour and then leave. 

One morning, he received a message from Felix asking him to have dinner at their apartment. He agreed right away because Felix, despite what happened, is still acting indifferent towards him. He was being careful and Seungmin thought it was about time to talk to him about their issues. He could see the hurt in his eyes whenever he looked at him and he had this urge to wash them away. So that night, he comes out of the taxi and walks inside the huge building. 

"Hello, I'm here for Lee Felix." He mumbled and the receptionist asked for a second to call on the phone. After a while, she confirmed his name, gave him a card key to the elevator, and smiled at him. He bows his head and thanks her before going up. 

It was huge, clean, and very bright inside. He slowly walks to the corridor, eyes on the room because he's afraid he passed Felix and Jeongin's unit. He found it and exhaled before pressing the doorbell. 

The door unlocked, and his smile paused when Jisung was the one who greeted him behind the door. 

"Good evening." He whispered awkwardly, staring at the man who nodded his head but didn't speak. Seungmin comes inside and changes his converse shoes to home slippers and puts his shoes on the rack near the foyer. 

Seungmin silently curses seeing many people in the living area. He didn't mind that Felix's friends are here but he planned to talk to him over dinner. Seeing them all busy in a conversation depleted his plan. He just sighed and looked for Jeongin or Felix. 

"Felix and Jeongin are outside with Chan. Sit wherever you want." Jisung says in a cold voice and slips on he heard Changbin's name. 

"I don't really get why you are here," Hyunjin muttered under his breath. His eyes are sharp like he was accusing Seungmin of something grave. He ignored Seungmin's bewildered face.

"Excuse me?" Seungmin frowned at the stern voice and the drastic mood in the air. 

"Nothing, it's just that you're being shameless coming here," Minho said and his eyes were directed at him. 

Seungmin wet his lips and blankly stared at the people who were narrowing their eyes on him. 

The Changbin guy seemed to be the only person who didn't care. He was scrolling through his phone but he knew he heard them cornering him. 

"Look, I don't understand the rudeness-" Seungmin was stopped because of the scoffs coming from them. 

"I guess so, you won't be this shameless if you knew what you did." 

"Then tell me straight in my face! I didn't come here just to receive any insults from people I didn't even know. Don't be a fucking coward and talk with riddles because I have no obligation to explain my side to all of you." Seungmin glared at them and it was intense. Hyunjin blinked but Minho was the one who laughed, surprising them. 

"Then don't use your sobbing backstory just for those two to forgive easily! You hurt them and just because you were abused-." Seungmin slaps Minho straight in the face, shutting them up.