Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Hyunjin has always been confident in what he does. He knows he is good-looking, and his art skills are also known all over the world. One portrait could be sold for more than a million dollars, he was outstanding in that area. No one knows he was affiliated with the mafia though. Not his family, nor his classmates in uni. Hyunjin is a living example of an enigma. He has this aura of a celebrity which he enjoys from time to time.

He first met Felix abroad, he was in Los Angeles. As many artists did in the street, he was sketching nonliving elements, mostly buildings, and sky but instead of his usual… He found something deep, he saw Felix's freckles glistening in the sunset. His soft brown eyes reflected the sun and his blonde hair looked so delicate and brushed thoroughly on his forehead. Hyunjin found his muse. 

It got better when Chan bought two of his paintings. He didn't realize that Chan belonged to the underworld at that time. He never had a chance to be friends, only client relationships but Felix is the epitome of sunshine. It just happened that they became close and eventually became friends. 

Chan also is very approachable and easy to be friends with. Eventually, he met Minho and Changbin is also cool though, Hyunjin is kinda scared of Minho. However, he made himself fit into the group. Then Jisung came, vulnerable and very scared of the world. Minho says he is the only person he hasn't met yet. Jisung is the baby, too fragile and soft for Hyunjin to handle. 

He trusted them for his life so when he ran away from his mother, Hyunjin already had a new family. His new home. 

It didn't end there. He learned about the organization. Hyunjin is good at what he does. Chan is also planning to recruit him and when he had a chance, Hyunjin came on his own. He became Chan's consigliere. A perfect counselor and advisor for the mob boss. He was a good confidant and speaker in the meetings as a representative. And most of it, (he was good in the eye.)

He is sure of everything. All of his decisions are based on his intuition and it never failed him before. Nonetheless, one thing made him scared. The only thing he wasn't sure of was his feelings developing with the members of the mafia and his lovely dongsaengs. Loving multiple people is so overpowering. It takes him a lot of emotional distress and confusion to realize that his heart is beating with these people.  

Hyunjin embraced his art and made it part of him. They were his inspiration, the love of his life, and he will do anything for them. He will give his dreams to them. He is in love with them. 

So meeting Kim Seungmin for the first time sends a lot of warning bells to Hyunjin. He feels terrible whenever he sees a puppy like a boy that age close to Jeongin. His baby was supposed to be only Felix, Jisung, and Jeongin. 

So why is his heart beating annoyingly hard against his chest whenever he sees the boy? 

He's in denial. He already loves six people, another one is not right. It feels wrong and surreal at the same time. No, it wasn't love at first sight. He fucking did not believe that cliche. 

So he watches Seungmin. Annoyed that Felix and Jeongin were close to him. They were his. He's just an outsider. He didn't know how much love he had for those two just to be whipped to the puppy just like that. 

And he disappears. Hyunjin cannot paint love anymore and it was infuriating that he was searching for Seungmin. One time he asked Jeongin about him because it was draining him already. 

"I haven't seen the puppy in the bakery, Innie-yah," Hyunjin's expression is neutral, pretending he didn't really care but his heart is thumping with anticipation.