𝘙𝘦𝘫𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘴

"Healing doesn't mean forgetting."
— Unknown

✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷

"El Serpiente!" Silas hears Hawk'a voice as he walks into the school.

"What's up?" Silas's eyes snap up at the familiar voice. It was the one voice he never wanted to hear ever again. He clenches his jaw when he sees Miguel and Hawk embrace each other.

"Welcome back, man." Hawk says as they pull away.

Silas puts his headphones on and walks in their direction, Hawk catching his figure. Silas harshly bumps into Miguel's shoulder, not even glancing at him or Hawk as he walks by.

"Silas!" Hawk calls after him. Silas ignores him. "Si, come on!"

"It's fine." Miguel runs his shoulder. "He probably just didn't see me."

"But he saw me." Hawk tells him. He pats Miguel's shoulder. "I'll see you at lunch, yeah?"

"Yeah, yeah." Miguel nods. "Sure."

Hawk gives him a smile before running after Silas, Miguel watching as he tried to take Silas's hand in his, the boy only looking at him, allowing him to do so. Miguel's eyebrow rise, he missed so much.

"Hawk, I'm not in the mood." Silas tries to take his hand out of Hawk's, but the boy only holds on tighter.

"Is it because of Miguel?" Hawk asks, Silas stays quite as he continues to look ahead of him. Hawk sighs. "You hit him on purpose."

"I have no idea what you're about." Silas gives him a small shrug. "He was simply in my way, didn't even know it was him that was there."

"Yeah, right." Hawk scoffs. "You have to stop blaming Miguel. He—."

"He ruined my life." Silas abruptly stops walking and looks to Hawk. "He's the reason I was in the hospital, he's the reason why Robby got put into jail. He kept going! The fight was over and he still continued. Everything is because of him. I get that he's your friend, but that doesn't make him good in my books. I don't want anything to do with him, if he becomes a problem, I will take care of him."

Hawk only stares at him in response. Hawk runs his thumb over the back of Silas's knuckles. "I'm sorry. I was looking at it in your perspective. Just-Just try to be civil. He just got to walking again. Give it time before you provoke him."

Silas smirks. "That I can do."

"Figured." Hawk chuckles and starts dragging Silas to walk again. "Now, to class we go."

"I was thinking we skip History." Silas suggests with a small smile on his lips.

"Can't. I'm not as smart as you, I have a D in that class." Hawk drags him through the hall. "I'm going, meaning you are too."

"Ugh, great."

✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷ ✶ ✵ ✸ ✷