𝘛𝘩𝘦𝘮

IF YOU WERE TO ask Silas what was the one thing he wanted in life. The answer would be simple. He would say love. Easy of enough, right? Wrong. In his life, love came at cost. It completely destroyed him in every way possible. It has done nothing but tear him down and it all started with his parents.

A child should never ever have to beg their parents for love. They should never have the be the one's to reach out. They should not have to seek out for attention that is not being given to them because they simply do not care enough. The love should be provided from the day they are born, but sadly that wasn't the case at all.

Silas has begged and begged and begged for them to give him something. But they gave him absolutely nothing. His parents use to be his everything's. They use to be the center of his world, but in what world should he be pleading for his parents to love him again. None.

Till this day, Silas is still searching for their love, maybe not in them, but in other things. Other people, but in the end, everyone leaves him. First his twin sister, then Eli, Robby at one point...They've all left him and it's made him so utterly weak.

This...This is why he is so afraid to love so deeply. He rather ruin it before it even has the chance to destroy him all over again. All his life he's had one escape for the cruel world and it's been fighting. Whether that be boxing, karate, you name it, he's probably done it. It all brought him a sense of peace and control. The two things that he needed most in the world.

This is why the moment the doctor told him he could no longer fight under any circumstances, he felt completely helpless. Now if he couldn't fight, he wasn't himself and how would everyone see him then? Silas could tell you, they'd see him the same way he saw himself...pathetic.

Could he help Kenny?

Is that what he wanted Anthony to look up too?

Would Robby even love him anymore?

When Miguel told him he was going to Mexico, he took it as his chance to run away, just like he always did. He wanted an escape and he got it. Silas left behind a letter and they were off.

It was for the best. They didn't need him. He would only hurt them further. He already let them down once, why would he want to do it again?

It's been two days since Miguel and Silas left California and the Kreese boy really regretted listening to Miguel when he said to leave his car behind. He could've been in cool AC and listening to his music, but instead he had to listen to nasty coughs coming from the elderly and the sound of the bus hissing every time is stopped as he sweated more than he ever has. It drove him insane.

To distract him, Miguel decided to teach Silas spanish and turns out, he didn't need as much help as the Diaz boy thought. Not only did Silas pick up on it quickly, but he was fluent when it came down to the basics. Silas admitted to taking multiple spanish classes and Miguel's shock came to an end.

"Hey." Miguel elbows the boy in the side, trying to wake up, but Silas doesn't budge. He only groans. Miguel gently shakes his leg, causing the boy to hiss as he awakens.

"Dude, my back is still sensitive as fuck." Silas punches Miguel in the arm.

"Ow! Shit." Miguel wanted to punch his arm back, but refrained. He was already in enough pain. He gestures out the window. "We're here."