New Shoes

May, 1986

Finally. After three long years, Eddie Munson finally gets to walk that stage. And you couldn't be prouder of your boyfriend.

So proud, In fact, that you spent a week straight and a lot of money for a surprise for the curly headed man.

Your currently standing right outside the gym doors with Hellfire, waiting for said man to arrive. You've got about ten minutes before you and the rest of the seniors have to be seated inside. "C'mom where is he!" Garett yells, looking down at a watch. "There! There! Here he comes!" Dustin excitedly points out.

You look up and are met with an ecstatic Eddie. He stops next to the little group and looks around. "I was summoned?" He asks. You clear your throat and look at the man. "Mr. Munson. on behalf of me and the rest of your little sheep, we would like to commemorate you on this special occasion with a gift." You say rather formally.

You hold out the box you were carrying and hand it to Eddie. "Why thank you. I am very honored." He smiles as he starts opening the box. Once he's removed the lid, his mouth drops, and he just stares.

Inside the box is a brand new pair of whit high top chuck tailors. On the outer side of each shoe is a very detailed Hellfire club logo, on the other side is each of the members (aside from Eddie's) signature. On the laces, in jewelry beads, spells out Eddie's name. And then finally a chain is connected to the right shoe, adding a little flare to it.

Eddie picks up one of the shoes and examines it. "What do ya think Eds?" You ask. Eddie finally looks up from the shoe. "You do this sweetheart?" He asks. You nod your head. "Everyone chipped in to buy the shoes." You say.

Eddie looks around at all his friends and smiles that big Eddie smile. "This is fuckin' metal!" He says before placing the box on the ground and quickly removing his shoes. "Are you seriously putting those on right now?" Gareth asks.
"Of fucking course I am"

Eddie gets the new shoes on and looks back up at his friends. "Thank you guys. For everything." He says. Dustin was the first to initiate the group hug. Everyone else following right along.

I hear the gym door open and then a voice start speaking. "I hate to break this up, but if you finally wanna get the hell out of here for good I suggest you hurry it up!" Wayne yells from the door.

We all release each other and head for the door. "This is it." Eddie whispers grabbing for my hand. "This is it." I repeat. "I told you 86' was gonna be my year baby." He smiles down at me. "You sure did Eds."