Monster Energy

Modern au. Based on something that happens to me quite frequently.

Living in a small town sucks. For many reasons.

One of the reasons is the fact that old men like to sit at the gas station in the back gossiping for hours. (In my town we have a gas station that used to actually serve meals so there's tables and stuff set up in the back)

And the worst thing about the old men is the table they sit at is right In front of the Monster cooler.

I always get extremely uncomfortable walking past their table. They all completely stop talking and watch me walk to the cooler and back to the register.

I try to justify their stares by saying they're just freaked out by the way I dress. But the fact I'm still a teenage girl makes it uncomfortable none the less.

Today was no exception to the stares of the old men. Me and Eddie walked into the store and I immediately head towards the green and black cooler.

"Hey grab me one too!" Eddie calls from the register as he pays for gas.

Just like every other day the group of old men stop what they're doing and watch as I walk past, opening the cooler and deciding which flavor to get us.

I can feel them staring as I grab two white monsters. As I turn around to leave I hear one of the men whisper to another.

"Kids and those devil juices." "She's hanging around that Munson boy. They're probably summoning the devil."

I stop in my tracks. I can see Eddie watching me from the counter looking confused. I turn and look towards the old men with a smile on my face before quickly holding my hands up like devil horns and growling at them.

They all jump and start muttering different profanities. One even started praying. I hear Eddie laughing loudly and I skip over towards him placing the drinks on the counter.

"That's my girl." He says paying for the devils juices and holding my hand as we walk back to the van.