Chapter Thirteen: Lunch Date?

As always my lovelies, just a little content warning as things can get a little spicy! Trigger warnings all around and please be safe. There will be no NSFW (and if there is I will denote it with dashed lines), but there will be things like; SH, Abuse, Neglect, ED, and a pokemon deck of mental disorders. So please be safe.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

By around 1pm, after both of you getting ready and more conversation, Jade had taken you to this place called Nozu, which you weren't really sure about but were afraid to object to. 

You both sat. You were wiggling in your seat, quite awkwardly, before deciding to say something.

"You said you liked me and I didn't know what you meant by that-" You say in a soft, shy tone, not sure if she'd take it to that level or not.

"I meant that I know you like me and want to be more than friends idiot."  She smirked, head tilting upwards in the slightest uptick, almost like she was laughing on the inside. "Did you think this wasn't a date? I did take you to a nice restaurant, and am currently buying you lunch..."

"I- a-a date? I wasn't-" You took a breath, taking a moment to process as you stimmed in your seat. "You did... you want to date, Jade? I thought you liked Beck- and I thought-"

"You know, Y/n... your lack of confidence is obvious. I mean seriously do you think yourself that unlikeable? Of course I would I don't just hang out with anybody. Also, when was the last time you've seen Beck and I kiss? Hm?"

"Never- I mean I've had my reservations about him but I didn't want to say anything out of respect for your relationship-" You take a deep breath, watching as she listened, gesturing for you to go on. "I mean I've seen him just... letting others flirt with him and he doesn't seem very attentive towards how you feel-"

"And you think to yourself, that I deserve better than him... Tell me, do you think you could be a better boyfriend than him?" [I am being gender neutral I am just quoting Dove Cameron. Boyfriend in this case is used as a neutral term to imply that you could be a better partner in general for her.] 

"Wwhat- No- I just- If someone was flirting with me and I had a partner and I knew it and thought about them as much as i thought of you, I wouldn't let it happen unless I was completely unaware and I know Beck understands social cues... he even flirts back..."

She stays quiet, thinking over your words. Before you can both keep talking, Two men walk over, and begin flirting with you both. Instead of defending yourself, you kind of just get extremely uncomfortable, becoming unintentionally snarky.

"Heyyyyy- what are you two doing sitting all by yourselves?" One knucklehead asks, the other one jumping in right after.

"Yeah, what're you two doing without some fine men like us to rock your world?"

"...Liking women and not men like you." You snark. covering your mouth.

"If you keep touching me, you're just about to find out" Jade says, glaring. Oh no, you knew she was counting internally. "And especially if you keep touching them." She said, looking like she was ready to pounce on the guy who was in your way.

"I'm Chad,"
"And I'm Brayden." (Not me picking random names because i don't remember this scene so i'm making it my own i guess) "And We want to bring you two on a wild ride" The other idiot says, obviously not getting it. You get more frustrated, ready to kill this bitch right where he stands- And oh god Jade looked angry and it kind of made you... feel things but also like- you had to hope your rejection sensitive dysphoria didn't take the wheel and drive you into the ground.

"Leave us alone or I swear to the gods I will rip off whatever you have down there." Jade growled. The boys still not getting the hint. As you grow increasingly panicked.

"Jade maybe..-" And you were interrupted.

"Heyyyy you guys go to Hollywood Arts? Wanna give us a little song?" 

"No, I'm not a songbird for men that can't take a hint. " You say, angry, and it gives Jade an Idea as she tugs you along.  You catch on quickly, smiling sweetly. She was so smart! Not that you weren't but you were  self-deprecating enough not to notice your own intelligence.

(Just thought i'd leave a youtube link for any songs mentioned.)

You couldn't believe that's what Jade sounded like singing and you thought you'd liked her even more, skin buzzing as she sang, smiling as you sang with her, watching as the men still didn't take the hint. But you both didn't worry. Jade payed and you both left, sitting in her car, driving up to an interesting place after you had told her you wouldn't mind going somewhere else.

------------------------------

A/n: Can't believe I exist again, Hi lovelies!