Chapter 17: Talk

You sobbed in overstimulation.
Jade was tense, ready to beat the shit out of Sinjin. But before she could think about catching a case, she caught sight of your wrists. She instead shoved him towards Mr. Lane and grabbed you by the wrist, lifting you up from your desolate place, and ever so gently prompting you to come with her. Sikowitz watching you both leave the school with a knowing glint in his eyes. As she gets to your car, she sets you up with a blanket in the passenger seat, wordless as she gets into the driver's side, driving to your house. You jacked into the Bluetooth on the car, playing a soft, tinkling mix of music, before huffing in frustration and switching it to hard-core rock-metal.
She smiled just a quick quirk of her lips, but it was enough to let you know she wasn't mad at you. That was enough to lift some of the weight off of your chest, and you took a breath. Although you were still overstimulated, it didn't seem as bad when she was there.
Even as you both went inside, her talking about getting you into warm clothes before you both would talk, you felt at ease in her presence.
The way her hand gently touched your waist as she picked your favorite clothes, ordering you to the bathroom, left you slightly more eased than you had been since so long ago.
But as you finished, the panic upstarts just a little. You came out of your bathroom, Jade sat on your bed, patting beside her. You take a seat beside her, slightly farther away in case you didn't want contact; and now you have to talk... uh oh.