Chapter Twenty-Six

"Let's not talk about that right now baby

"Let's not talk about that right now baby." Jonathan looked at me with concern and confusion.

I simply nodded, not wanting to say too much.

He turned on the water for me, and moved out the way so I could get passed him.

"Yo—You're not joining me?" I stuttered.

Wtf?

I can't talk worth shit.

Especially around him.

"Not unless you want me to." He rasped.

Hell yeah, I do.

Forget the pain.

Join me please.

"I—I do." I whispered.

I'm scared as hell.

I stepped in first, right after taking off the rest of my clothes. I was still scared of him to see me but it is what it is.

Too late to back out now.

He got in behind me, me turning to face him, and I tried my hardest to keep my head held high and my eyes on his face.

He laughed at me lowly, like he could see right through me.

"You could look baby." He said in his deep voice.

I slowly looked down, and almost jumped out the shower.

JUMP SCARE.

"You gone feel it soon." He whispered in my ear and started to kiss me, while the hot water poured down on us.

That's gone hurt me.

"You so beautiful." He shook me from my thoughts.

You're beautiful too.

What is wrong with me?

I stood on my tip toes once again, putting my arms around his neck while he held his hands on my waist. He slowly and softly kissed on the bruises on my cheek, and then moved onto my neck.

I could feel him tense up after every kiss, but so did I. I didn't tense up for the pain, but just from the thought of how they got there.

I winced and started to pull away.

"I'm sorry mama. I hurt you?" He furrowed his eyebrows.

"No, no. Just thinking about what he did to me." I said lowly, but I felt like I was about to cry.

And that's what I did.

Cried.

I sobbed in his chest while my hands tried their hardest to grip him in some way. I balled up my fists, and continuously hit against his chest.