Chapter Fourteen

you know the drill — excuse mistakes.
not too long. just wanted to update.

"I don't think I want to go

"I don't think I want to go."

"Why not? We have the night off—we're not on call and we need it. We've been through enough these past few weeks." Angel looked through my closet.

"I know. But, I'm just not feeling it." I shrugged.

"You're not feeling it? Since when do you not want to go somewhere and shake your ass?" She came out looking at me crazy.

She do gotta point.

"Uh, I don't know. Since being shot."

"Zuri—what's really the issue? I know that was traumatic for you. It was the same for me seeing it happening to you, but it has to be something else." She looked at me.

"I don't want to dismiss how you feel about the shooting. You're the strongest person ever, but is that really why? I thought this would get your mind off it."

"It's J, that's all." I shook my head.

We haven't spoke or seen each other in a while. Still, since the shooting or the hospital. I couldn't really be mad, because he showed me how he felt. I just didn't want it to be that way.

It was no secret when it came to my feelings for him. My feelings for him being more than the feelings I had with Bryson. Bryson was very helpful, very sweet "but he wasn't it for me. Probably because I wasn't ready to give up on Jonathan just yet.

"Why do you care? He treats you like shit." She mugged at me.

"Oh like Dash used to be with you? Now you both are crazy over each other." I rolled my eyes.

"Aht Aht! Don't go there!" She laughed at me.

"I—I just don't know what to think or what to do."

"You have Bryson. Boney doesn't matter. Not anymore. Especially if you don't matter to him. You hear me?"

"Look at you giving advice and being the shoulder to lean on." I smiled at her.

"Always. You my girl. I got you." She beamed with a smile and hugged me tight.

"Now! Let's get you dressed!" She jumped up so quick, zooming back in the closet.

Damn, flash.

"I was thinking short dress, titty tease, ass high, natural look with wavy curls?" She looked at me with squinted eyes, with her finger tapping her cheek.

"It's that for you or me?"

"You. If he wants to treat you like shit, let's make him regret it."

"We don't even know if he'll be there." I shook my head.

Am I ever ready to see him?

It's been so long.