Chapter 7 Lilath

After walking a few minutes in the town looking at buildings, we come to lilath's house. It is a big colorful box with an 10 sided roof. The best way to describe the colors is to mix all the colors in existence and then split them up again. They are not colors that we know from our world, they are completely different colors no one would ever want to imagine. But despite that it looks like a cozy home from what i can see through the window. We go inside and it is pretty purple in here. Unlike outside everything looks like a normal cute home with plants hanging from the roof. There are colored strings hanging on the wall , that make such an weird context that the walls look kinda tacky. „wow, how much does this cost?" I ask out of curiosity.„not much, about the price of chips/crips here." She answers. „do you have a job?" I ask ones again. „Yes i actually work in the store you were in." She says which kinda makes sense. „i know im asking so many questions , but i really would love to stay here. This place is beautiful in so many ways that it feels like " i say expressing how i feel. She looks at me smiling , understanding what i mean:„now i just work as a cashier but my pay is around 3 times the value from our world. " i look at lilath shocked beacuse it really is the best pay ever:„i guess inflation isn't a thing here."„yeah you're right" she smiles at me bright. I feel for the first time in a long time, like i can actually make a healthy caring relationship.„it may be strange but i really feel safe with you" i say with my heart on as true as i ever have been. „Can i hug you?" I ask a little shy. „yes you can." She answers making herself in a hugging position. I hug her on her pink couch, hugging her like i have never to anybody. Throughout all of it i look at her behavior for any bad red flags, every one has some, but i don't want something like frank happen again. And yes, she does have some minor flaws like being a little hectic at times she isn't nearly as bad as previous friends i made. After a few minutes of hugging i put my bag pack down and completely relaxing without feeling anything negative.„Why don't I see more humans around here?" I ask.She looks at me a little nervous barely being able to make a sound. „take your time." I say to her knowing that feeling. „Well, not all people here are nice..." she stutters a little quiet. „And you know bad things happen." She fake smiles trying to comfort herself. „?" I look at her a little confused.„not all portals stay functional." She says.„What happens when a door gets destroyed?!" I ask getting a little scared.„people kill humans." She says looking into a different direction, brushing her long hair with her fingers.„what happens when you die here?" I ask what I think is a stupid question.„you turn into one of them..." she stutters again, seemingly knowing that a little to well. I hug her again knowing she will tear up which she does slowly after. „What happened?" I ask giving her a tissue from bag pack. „After an hour of me being in this world I saw someone come through a crack which turned into a door, however I wasn't the only one watching..." she pauses grabbing another tissue. „so she/him/them got attacked and the door got destroyed?" I ask recapping what I understand of what she said. Lillath nods . I realize that it is getting late:„ I know that we don't know each other that long, but can I maybe stay here for the night?" I ask sounding awkward. „Yeah you can stay. But can we watch a little tv before?" She asks . I also nod in response. She turns on the medium sized tv that i didn't notice before and we watch some news.„ Hello and welcome back to the nearly daily news. As always we go through the cities that got bombed today." The news reporter says.„BOMBED?!" I ask confused and scared.„ some people don't just destroy doors, some of them are MUCH worse." She Lilath responses emotionless „I guess I'm going to have nightmares of dying by a bomb" I say sarcastic and scared. The news reporter continues:„ today got the town Whitefall bombed because 2 new humans were found in the hospital , with one of them nearly dying but luckily surviving. Because of the attack 200 people died and 200 got severely injured. We are lucky , because those were tame numbers. In comparison to last week." I start crying because that town felt nearly like a home. „what's wrong?" Lilath asks concerned. „I was there in the hospital, the town felt very special to me. Like a second home. " I say crying, my tears staining my hoodie. She turned of the tv and we made us ready for bed. Since I don't have any sleeping wear with me, I'm just going to sleep without my hoodie and pants. Lilath would have given me something however nothing fits me so I just do my initial plan. She has a beautiful dark metal bed with a white mattress and a purple black flower  blanket with a little bit of white, it is full with cute plushies. I sleep on a giant pillow and I use my green jacket I bought as a blanket, which is surprisingly comfortable for how hard the pillow is. After turning of the lights she falls asleep nearly immediately by cuddling her biggest plush on her bed. Laying in a position were I ask myself how that even is comfortable, but I digress. I on the other hand have quite some problems sleeping with all the things I'm thinking of that the most relaxing thing I can do is continuously watch her sleep. Her beautiful long hair shines through the glimpses of the moon through the curtain. Her pink black sleep outfit, which can be slightly seen because of her blanket looks beautiful on her. I think a lot about what happened today. I also feel pretty guilty over becoming noticed in Whitefall killing off 300 people just by my presence. However, when I'm with her I feel a sense of calmness that i haven't felt in a very long time.

TO BE CONTINUED