Chapter 15 The (other) Dark Castle

As we are ready to go to the other dark castle Lilath comes in with heavy breaths which makes me uncomfortable.„THIS CASTLE IS GETTING ATTACKED!" she screams with all of the breath that she has. There is an explosion just outside the castle, probably a missed shot against us. I look in terror as the nearby forest bursts into flames that just barely misses the castle. Despite everything thats happening i feel uncannily safe here for some reason. Lilath looks at me concerned as Frank gets ready for a fight. I take a closer look outside the other dark caste. The snow has completely melted now, only leaving puddles everywhere. Fire seems to spread to the entire forest with all of the cutesy weird animals fleeing into a different direction which feels familiar. Has something like that happen before? Why do I now have that realization and why does this entire place even exist when its just my imagination? Most of these questions probably won't be answered, but it is really confusing in so many ways. But i digress. Moonchester taps a brick tile in the wall revealing a big assortment of armor that is that of his old army. „I think you really should get some armor, i mean how did you even survive so long as you did." He says giving me a metal helmet with a green star with pink highlights on it. „Who are you?"Lilath asks confused as I put my helmet on my head . I weirdly feel a little more protected, like i haven't in a long time. „Lets just say he is an old friend that we thought we'd never see again" I say to summarize it without making it to complicated. Lilath puts on a nearly black metal armor and Frank one that is Light blue. It almost feels like the exact thing happened ones, like a faint memory almost forgotten of the insanity of this place, but i digress. As i'm about to put on chain armor i notice a fireball into our direction through one of the holes in the wall. I take Lilath's shield as she is putting on her black helmet and put it through the wall nearly being to slow and dooming us all. Luckily i block the fireball so that we live for another day. „What was that?!" Lilath asks confused with a little bit of fear in her voice that she hardly ever shows. „That was an attack that nearly would have killed us, i luckily saw it before it was to late. Here i just needed it for the block." I say to her in a calm way as i give her the shield back. Frank just minds his own business as everything is happening, like someone who knows their going to die and doesn't care. His weirdness is at times just as outstanding as the entirety of this world. If I remember correctly he always has been like that. He always has been so interesting that no one else is and he really feels special unlike anyone i ever met and will meet. Like always it starts to be night way to quickly which is quite funny, but this time i feel like time was is slower than usually here, like with the normal speed i bet two days already would have passed, but thats not what happened. I guess time is more random than i thought. Where was I? Ah yes! Saving Ray, i nearly forgot about that. „Do any of you have a plan to get to the other castle?" Lilath asks looking into the fire with a small bit of fear in her eyes. „I got one, we sneak to the castle, climb inside without getting seen hopefully finding the source of their power and destroying it and saving our dear Friend Ray." Frank says sounding like i thought time would sound like. Moonchester, Lilath and I just nod in confusion. We go outside the dark castle on the other side parallel to the burning forest. The other castle is not that far away, but I have a bad feeling in my stomach that something bad is going to happen. But that doesn't matter as we finally arrive at the backside of that castle. It is a singular castle tower with everything a good protected one has. It is colorful like everything else in the world, but giving more of an atmosphere. It looks like its overgrown with moss between all of the bricks in the wall. Like it's standing there for a long time, only a remnant of one's was there. Moonchester presses one odd looking brick in the wall and it goes a little into the wall like a button. A small opening appears out of nowhere in the wall leading into a dark secret tunnel with an ominous red light in it. It is the most nostalgic light i have seen here, which confuses me a little, but i digress. We go through the dark brick tunnel cautiously as a cold breeze goes through my armor. I see a giant red glowing ruby, it seems to be on the floor because of black rocks that is surrounded by black rocks in a not even close of perfect circle. On top of the black stone is gold, it seems to be stuck on there and it looks really beautiful like an undefined golden Ring as rocks. It feels very unreal seeing it in person, but i feel like that always was in a castle, not in here, but in the original dark castle that we just were at.„Wasn't that the dragon power you used back in the day?" I ask looking at Moonchester. „Yes, but he took it from the castle and hidden it, luckily i'm good at finding out secrets." He says sounding a little proud. We finally arrive at the Crystal which took way longer than it should have, but i digress. Lilath looks at it with big is. „Lilath i'd be careful it i were you. If you look to long at it bad things can happen." I warn her. „What are we here for anyway?" Lilath asks looking at Frank.„We are here to destroy the red ruby, it is the dark power. Without it they can't use magic which would give us an advantage."Frank says sounding confident.„Actually Frank we are here to take it. If we destroy it this world would get out of balance which can ruin everything." I say correcting him.„But how are we going to take it, i mean it looks way too heavy to be lifted by all of us," Lilath asks making a valid point. As i'm about to open my mouth to explain how we would do it a guard comes.„INTRUDERS!!" The guard screams alarming the entire castle. In sheer panic I scream making such a loud noise that the ruby cracks a little. I stop and get dragged away from Lilath's powerful arms. Moonchester picks up the brick button and locks the tunnel giving us enough time for us all to escape into the middle of the night never to be seen again, until the next day, like always things repeat over and over and over until it drives you mad. Thats just life.

TO BE CONTINUED