Arron

FIRST TRY

I couldn't stop thinking about her, the way she laughed and the way she danced, that beautiful auburn hair that swayed with her every movement, and that smile that made her eyes twinkle revealing more of their green color.
I stared at her all night, I watched her small frame shy and reserved at first until her blue-haired best friend started dragging her around, and coaxed her out of her shell handing her more shot glasses than she could handle and then, a different side of her shown, a free side as she danced around, hands in her hair and her flowy dress moving around with her, I watched her all night wishing to go ask her for her name, she must have a name that matched her personality but I never did, and I regretted not walking over to her and talking to her when I went outside for a breath of fresh air I literally smacked my forehead, why didn't I at least ask her what her name was, or ask anyone about her?
When I went back inside to find her, she wasn't there, and neither was her friend.
I pinched the bridge of my nose and cursed myself for being dumb.
So, when James's phone lit up with a text and her photo popped up, I did the most selfish thing I have ever done.
I searched for her online and deleted her message from his phone, I didn't even read what was inside.
I pulled up her name and I messaged her

I should have walked over the last night and spoken with you because you are the most beautiful girl, I have ever seen.... I'm Arron by the way and by some wild luck I stumbled upon yours.

I wasn't so proud of the message or what I'd done but I wasn't guilty either.
she had me captivated, I couldn't take my eyes off her.
"Dude where is your mind?!" Zack nudged me back to reality where the three of us sat on the couch of our apartment and we were trying to kill the zombies that attacked us but my lack of attention caused us to get killed and that angered Zack "dude you have been zoned out all weekend! Where's your mind!" his eyes narrowed and James stared at Zack with humor in his eyes trying to hold back his laughter.
Zack always took video games seriously while James and I just enjoyed him getting pissed off.
"Jesus dude, who is she?!" he asked and I was startled "who's who?" I stumbled out my words and James chuckled "the girl you've been daydreaming about, the one you saw at the party you went to WITHOUT us" he said with accusation laced in his voice
"first of all fuck you and second of all Itold you two jerks to come with me but you wanted to stay with your girlfriend"I pointed at James who rolled his eyes "and you, you wanted to stay with yourgirlfriend" I said while glancing towards his PS and James burst out laughing"she's a keeper" he said and Zack wiggled his eyebrows "yours isn't, all yourgirl ever talk about is what she bought and where she wants to spend herdaddy's money" Zack mocked and James sighed "I don't want to break her heart"he excused and I shot him a look "you're a fucking liar you like her and we arehere to tell you this isn't going to end well" I warned and James lifted hisshoulders in a dismissive shrug then he pointed at me with narrowed eyes "wewere talking about you and your brain being absent don't turn this around on meyou jerk!" he said defensively and Zack chuckled "he's got a point, man" and Ijust shook my head "it's no one, she's just a girl I saw at the party I didn't have the chance to even talk to her that's why I didn't bring it up youassholes" I said and the both laughed when my phone buzzed in my hand and Ifelt my heart beat quicken and I held my breath before checking who texted meand when I saw her name I smiled "she's just a girl" Zack mocked and I flipped him off before opening her message.