💔Date💔

3rd persons pov:

Finney started to work at a fancy restaurant so he could earn money since he was going to move out soon.

He applied and got accepted he was excited but got warmed from Billy when he told them it's always packed in there there's orders every corner and karens.

Finney of course didn't mind he actually thought he could handle it.

The first week was amazing, he showed the costumers to their table and brought their food with no trouble at all, he also got paid 20$ and hour.

The second week wasn't really the best, he had to deal with a Karen who was mad that her reservation was cancelled even though she reserved it for 7 and she came at 9. She blamed poor Finney for it, he almost cried because she kept yelling insults at him etc.

He quickly got over it that was the only problem he had but the rest of the week was amazing.

This one night tho really made him sad.

It was 8:00 pm and it was Valentine's Day, of course him and other workers expected a ton of dates to come.

And it did, a lot of couples came for their dates, it was so cute.

This one man came in alone, he had a large bouquet of flowers and looked insanely rich some of the female staff were giggling and twirling their hair while blushing, he was very attractive.

He had jet black shoulder length hair nice smooth olive skin and brown eyes that were mesmerising, Finney got kinda red when speaking to him

"A reservation for 2 people at 8:30" Finney nodded "Yes I see it here..follow me" Finney got out 2 menus before leading the handsome man to the table.

"Here you go, would you like me to start you off with a drink?" The man shook his head "when my date arrives" Finney nodded "Ok!" He then left.

Some minutes passed and Finney watched as the man sat there his foot tapping against the floor and constantly looking at his phone, When Finney was passing thru the tables for a refill for the other costumers cups the man called out for him.

"Yeah actually can I get a glass of rosé wine? Make it 2" Finney nodded writing down the order "I'll bring it to you in a bit" the man thanked him as Finney left to get his order.

He came back and placed them down "Anything else?" The man shook his head "No thanks" he said smiling but Finney could tell he was sad through his smile.

He really hoped that whoever was this man's date to show up, he felt bad for this man.

Finney then got distracted as he continued to work, then an hour passed when he remembered the man, he looked over to see the man had his elbow on the table and his head resting on his hand he looked so sad, he looked at his phone and turned it off.

When Finney passed by the table the man stopped him "can I get a steak with another glass of rosé wine?.." the man said his voice kind of cracking. Finney felt so bad as he nodded writing down his order.

He then brought it to him as he thanked him and eat, Finney continued to work before getting stopped by the man again "Can I get a to go box?" Finney nodded, he went to get the box when he got an idea, he grabbed a sticky note before writing this "hey I know it's not any of my business but I noticed you were waiting for your date to arrive but they never did, I'm sorry about that;( but hey at least you know they aren't the one ! Have a good Valentine's Day and remember it's also about friendship you could hang out with your friends:)" Finney was debating to put it in the box but he did.

He then returned and handed him the box before leaving quickly, he went into the staff room and peeked thru the tiny window spying on the man.

The man opened the box and pulled out the note, Finney was nervous to the core, The man read it as his sad expression turned into a soft smile, Making Finney smile too.