Chapter 13

Cloverleap rested in a loaf on the soft, moist moss and listened to Berrystar's story.

"About 2 years ago, I lived in TideClan, my name was Berryspots and as a young and naive cat, I was annoyed by The Clans Code. You couldn't run free and do whatever, it was always, don't do this! Don't do that!"
Cloverleap was a bit surprised that Berrystar used to be a TideClan warrior and she had ti agree with his opinion on The Clan Codes.

Berrystar continued with his story,
"As life went on, I was able to get a mate and Get an apprentice, but after a..." The leader stoped talking and struggled with his words, he then unsheathed his claws and tucked them into the bedding with fury in his eyes. " incident..." Berrystar continued, "I decided that I had enough and so, I announced to the clan that I was leaving for good to start a new life. My mate and appreciate went with me as well."

Berrystars story amazed Cloverleap, even though he was somewhat of a traitor to TideClan, she wanted to learn more from him but, the white and gray she-cat stopped thinking and kept on listening to the leader.

"A few moons past and me, my mate and apprentice, kept on moving from place to place and never really had a home...until....one day we stumbled across a very large and old sunken lane, so, after a bit of some debate, we decided to claim the land as our camp and I became the leader, my name was now Berrystar."

"Over time, I went to The Twolegplace and asked kittypet's and rouges to join our Clan, surprisingly, most of them agreed to the idea and joined without thought." 

"And this is where we are today Cloverleap!" Berrystar finished with a exclaim. "That's crazy! And so...no Clan has found you yet?" Cloverleaps questioned, "No, at least not yet..we always try to keep our distance." Berrystar answered.
Cloverleap gave a brisk nod and remembered about how cold and hungry she was, so she asked the leader for assistance.
"My goodness! I just realized, you look terrible Cloverleap! Go to the medicine den and I'll get you some fresh kill." Berrystar insisted
"Oh! Thank you, I'll be right in my way!" Cloverleap replied with a little spec of humiliation.

The white and gray she-cat made her way to the medicine den, she sniffed the air and got the smell of herbs, she followed the trail until she made it to the entrance of Willowfrost's den. Cloverleap poked her head in the sandy den to see the medicine cat sort up herbs, Willowfrost turned around and greeted Cloverleap with delight. "You must be freezing after that little swim earlier today." Willowfrost joked, "you go ahead and rest on the bedding while I check you up." She continued.

Cloverleap did so and nuzzled up in the moss, then, Berrystar arrived in the medicine den with a plumb vole and gave it to Cloverleap, "Hope you like it, if you want, you can sleep in here tonight." Berrystar offered, Cloverleap thought for a minute but replied with a nod. "Alright then, good night Cloverleap!" The leader said while padding out of the den.
The white and gray she-cat bit into the vole and felt a wave of relief rush over her, it'd been so long since she had something so plumb and fresh.

"You seem to be just fine, a few wounds but I can fix them tomorrow morning, have a nice sleep, I'll be in the other part of the medicine den." Willowfrost said as she stacked up her last set of herbs and then walked into the other room of the medicine den.

Cloverleaf was all alone, she could hear the crickets outside chirping and the soft breeze blowing into the den, she viewed the medicine den and for the first time in years, Cloverleap felt comfortable with the environment she was in. The white and gray she-cat curled into a ball and nuzzled her way into the thick layers of moss and it didn't take long for her to drift into sleep, it was a long and rough day for her and all she wanted to do was sleep and escape her worries.