Chapter 17

Cloverleap ventured into PineClan's territory and kept her eyes out for prey, after looking in the forest, Cloverleap saw a squirrel hiding hazel nuts in the dirt. "Okay Cloverleap, you can catch this.." The white and gray she-cat thought to herself as she crouched down with her tail flicking.

As Cloverleap got closer to the small rodent, she remembered what Oaksnap said to her and she quickly pounced on the squirrel. Cloverleap sunk her claws into the squirrel's belly and before the prey could get away, the white and grey she-cat bit into its side.
Cloverleap let go of the squirrel as she felt the prey stop breathing. Cloverleap's jaw dropped as she realized that the squirrel was dead!

"How is the squirrel dead? I did the same pattern I do all the time when I hunt?" Cloverleap thought in confusion, before she could pick up the squirrel, Cloverleap glanced over to a large pine tree and she saw a white tail disapear behind the tree.
The white and grey she-cat growled lightly in her throat, she sensed the cat only to recognize the scent.

"Show yourself!" Cloverleap hissed, the cat crept out from behind the tree and it was a large, fuzzy white Tom.
"Flakefur..?" Cloverleap shockingly said
"C-Cloverleap! Where have you been!" Flakefur asked with worry and shock
The white and gray she-cat stuttered, how could she explain to Flakefur what she's been doing these past few days.

"Well, I...I've been places.." Cloverleap awkwardly replied. Flakefur slowly sat down and sighed.
"Sapstar's been looking for you ever since you left! He's gonna be so relieved when you come back and..." Flakefur explained, but Cloverleap was slowly walking away from the TideClan deputy. "Where are you going? Don't you wanna go back to TideClan?" Flakefur desperately asked.

"Look Flakefur, I don't belong in TideClan, I wasn't even born into TideClan! I'm sorry but.." Cloverleap commented on Flakefurs question.
"I can't go back to TideClan." Cloverleap added.
The two cats stood in silence before Cloverleap ran away from Flakefur with tears in her eyes. "StarClan is looking down at me in disappointment I bet." Cloverleap thought in sorrow.