chapter eight

"This is beautiful, Sarah," Hyacinth told the girl walking next to her as they explored the Glass Garden next to the Godswood, "I admit that I never thought Winterfell would be such a lovely place."

With her cheeks red, Sarah answered the Lady, "Yes, it is nice in here, but I bet it is nothing compared to Highgarden."

"It is very different, indeed. But I do not think the two places are even comparable."

Sarah smiled, looking at the flowers next to their feet, "I have never left Winterfell, but I always imagined Highgarden to be one of the most beautiful places in the Seven Kingdoms."

"One day you shall visit it," Hyacinth offered, examining the Stark girl walking next to her. She was pretty, even beautiful, having a face that would make any man fall in love with her. She had long brown hair and dark eyes, while her skin was light and filled with freckles, "What is it like to live in the North?"

"It is cold, always cold, though after fifteen years living here I think I would feel sick with the warm temperatures," she admitted, "Does the cold upset you, My Lady?"

"No, Sarah, it does not. It was a bit strange at first, but being inside these walls is quite comforting. And this little place you have here is one of the most marvellous places I have ever been in," Hyacinth looked around the Glass Garden, watching the snow hitting the glass above and around them.

Sarah Snow smiled again, her teeth slightly cracked, just like Hyacinth's, "I love it as well. Let's sit," Sarah guided Hyacinth towards a corner with a small wooden table and two armchairs, still inside the Glass Garden, "Can I ask you a question?"

"Yes, of course."

"Are you engaged?"

"No, Sarah, I am not. Why would you ask?"

She shrugged, "I am note engaged because I'm a bastard, but my father is working on it, I think. Says I'm old enough to marry and have children. I do not wish to get married, however. I thought you were engaged if not even married. Your aunt married when she was quite young, didn't she?"

"Yes, she was. But she never wished me to get married so young," Hyacinth frowned, "Are you scared of marriage, Sarah?"

"No, I just don't want to end up in some old lord's house, birthing a child every year as if I was some cow. Do you want to get married, tough?"

The young Hightower smiled, "I surely do. Prince Aegon makes fun of me for being a romantic, but I wish to fall in love, get married in a beautiful place and have children."

At that point, Hyacinth did not even know what she was saying. But she was aware she could not simply announce to the world that all she ever wanted was to be Queen, like her aunt.

Sarah nodded her head and looked at her with raised eyebrows, "Would you imagine yourself marrying in the North? I have a few handsome brothers and cousins."

Hyacinth laughed, "I am not sure I imagine myself waking up everyday with this cold."

She surely did not want to marry some Lord of the North, but she could not deny it to the girl, since she had told Aegon or at least she didn't disagree with him when he raised his suspicions about her wanting to meet a Lord in the North.

"You get used to it," Sarah crossed her legs, "Nonetheless, I see your point. I would like to leave the North and marry in the South to some handsome lord."

"Well, if you are interested I could introduce you to some high lords in the South if you ever visit it, though I can't promise you will like them. After all, men are men and I don't think they are very different from what you're used to here."