Chapter 2: Job

|Mya|

"Mya, could you step into my office please?" My manager asked.

I walked into his office and took a seat.

"As you know, we've been having to let people go." He started. I knew he was about to fire me. "And I really don't want to fire you, Mya. And I could possibly save your job, if you do something for me." He grinned.

"Something like what?"

He started to unbuckle his belt. I knew from that moment, that I needed to get out out of here.

I jumped out of my seat and ran out of the door and to my car.

Now, I no longer had a job. I knew for sure that there was no way that August would be able to do this alone. I had to find some source of money fast.

I grabbed my phone and dialed my mother's number.

"The number you have dialed is-"

"Shit!" I yelled. I just needed a couple hundred dollars just until I was able to get back on my feet.

I sighed and stayed up my car. If I didn't get money soon, August and I would be sleeping in my car, since my father still makes payments on it.

Daddy was the only person that I had left to call.

I went to my contacts, and called him and waited for him to answer.

"Hey princess!" He greeted as if he was happy to hear from me, but if was no secret that he hated me at the moment.

"Hey daddy, I need a favor."

"What you need?"

"I just got fired, could you loan me a couple hundred until I get a new job?" I pleaded.

"You still out in California with that boy?"

"His name is August, daddy, and yes I'm still here."

He never responded, and within a few seconds, all I could hear was the dial tone in my ear.

I understand that he's mad about me disobeying him and being with August, but he doesn't have to disown me like that. He treated me like I was someone he met on the street, not his daughter.

I threw my phone into the cup holder next to me. Once I arrived at our apartment, I sat on the couch and cried.

"What's wrong with you?" August asked as he came from the kitchen.

I told him the entire story of my boss and daddy. I watched as he became furious. "I'll be back." He grabbed his keys from the table, but I grabbed his arm to stop him from doing anything that he might regret.

"August, just stay with me." I pulled him down on the couch with me.

He sat down with me, and we just sat there not saying anything.

I had no idea what we were going to do.

~~~

"Hey Mya." I heard.

"Fuck you." I replied without lifting my head from the desk I was sitting in.

"Damn, I'm sorry." He said. I lifted my head up to see who was talking to me.

It was William. William was a really cute and really nice. "I'm sorry Will, life hasn't been the best lately." I explained.

"You wanna talk about it?" He asked and I replied with a head shake. "You're not the only one who's going through things right now. I could show you what I do to get over my problems after class."

I thought about it for a short while. There was no way what he does to get over his problems could help me, but it was worth a try.

"Okay, I'll meet you at your dorm after class." I said.

~~~

What do you think about Mya getting fired?

What should Mya do about her father disowning her?

What's going to happen when Mya goes to William's dorm?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.