Chapter 16: Sorry

|Mya|

"I don't care, do want you want." I said to Tommy. He had been calling my phone ever since the auction, but I went up there to the mansion to talk to him personally. I had only been at the mansion for a few short months, while other girls had been there for years, and I still managed to become Tommy's favorite. Jessica, some girls named Alexis, and I were the top three people who made the most money for Tommy. 

I heard Tommy was a cruel man and could kill anybody, but I was his favorite, so I knew he wouldn't try to kill me or August.

Tommy sighed and shook his head. "Alright, bye Mya." Tommy said. I knew he was upset because he was losing out on a lot of money because of me, but I had to get my life together.

I left the mansion and drove August's car back to his apartment. 

I was now out of the prostituting business, getting help for my addiction, and on the road to a better life.

~~~

"Broken condoms, lipstick marks, and unprotected sex. Feel like shi-" I sung along with Chris Brown until my headphone were pulled out of my ear and I was picked up. "What. The. Fuck?!" I yelled. I was really in the zone with that song. Singing and dancing along to it and he just came and picked me up.

He carried me to his room and onto his bed, then stated to kiss my neck. Was he really trying to fuck me right now?

"What are you doing?" 

"What you think I'm doing?." He mumbled in my neck, while reaching his hand into my panties.

I had been prostituting for a couple months, but I had missed August's touch. I knew for a fact, that no one could every please me the way August could.

"Mya, you heard me?" He asked.

"Huh?"

"I said, how many niggas you've been giving what's mine to?"

That wasn't something I kept count of. I mean, I was a prostitute, so of course I had been around. But I had only been there for a few months, you it wasn't that much.

"August, that's not important." I said as I pushed him off of me. I  sat up on his bed and put my head in my hands. I can't believe that things got so bad that I had to turn to prostitution. "August, I'm so sorry for everything I put you through. I was out there throwing my cat around while you were her struggling. We could have been here struggling together, but my dumbass just couldn't handle it. I'm fucking addicted to cocaine and now my pussy loose, all because I couldn't handle it. I hate myself, so I know you do so I'm just gonna leave and stay out of your life forever." I cried and stood up to leave.

Before could get far, August grabbed my arm and pulled me into his lap. "You know I don't hate yo' ass."

"Yes you do." I tried to get back up.

"Chill Mya, I don' t hate you and you don't either."

"I do. I'm such a fuck up." I cried.

August wiped my tears. "It's a difference between fucking up and being a fuck up. You fucked up but you ain't a fuck up. "

"Thanks for helping." I said sarcastically and tried to get up again, but he pulled me down again.

"You not leavin', so stop trying. You fucked up, but yo' life ain't ever. Suck that shit up and move on." He wiped my tears again. "Stop cryin' too, you know I don't like seein' you cry."

I sighed. "I'm sorry for everything, August."

"Don't apologize, just do better." He kissed my forehead.

"I love you, August."

"I love you too."

I just sat there on August's lap, leaning on his shoulder for hours until it was time for me to go to my group meeting.

Once we got there, I just sat there. I didn't want to get out. I would be in a room full of people like me, but I would still feel alone.

"Aug?" I called.

"Hm?"

"Can you come in with me? Not just walk with me in there, but stay with me?"

He turned off the car and got out with me.

~~~

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.