Chapter 19: Now or Never

Five Months Later

|Mya|

"I really hate you for getting me pregnant." I mumbled.

I was nine months pregnant and due any day. When I first got pregnant, I was happier than ever, but now that I'm in my last month and experiencing so much discomfort, I was ready to get this little girl out of me. 

When I was five months, August and I found out that we were having a girl, so her name would be Amiyah Alessia Alsina.

I wish Amiyah would hurry up. Not only am I tired of being pregnant, I ready to see my baby girl.

August was beyond excited for Amiyah's arrival. He got her room decorated the day after we found out that we were having a girl. He's bought her so much stuff already. And with the baby shower being today, she was going to have so many things.

August disregarded my comment and helped me sit down in the chair. I didn't need his help with sitting down, but he does it anyway. 

I know August is fed up with me. I've been a complete bitch to him ever since I entered my third trimester.   

"Fuck, I gotta piss." I said. I didn't feel like getting up because I had just sat down. 

With August's help, I stood up and waddled to the bathroom. After I peed I washed my hands and went back to my seat at the shower.

"Is everybody ready to play some baby shower games?" She asked obviously excited. Shelby and my mother had planned this baby shower all by their selves. I offered to help them so that they wouldn't have to stress themselves out about it, but Shelby told me no because it's supposed to be a surprise. But how was it supposed to be a surprise if I already knew?

"You know, Shel-" I said to August, but I stopped when I noticed that he was no longer sitting by me. "Damn, he moves fast. I swear he was here two seconds ago." I said as I looked over at August was talking to my mother and eating a piece of chicken.

I took my attention off of August and back onto my baby shower.

~~~

"Aww. It says Mommy's my favorite." I read the word off the pink onesie that someone had bought for Amiyah.

"Nah, I'm her favorite." August argued.

When Amiyah heard August's voice, she kicked. "This little girl just kicked the shit outta me." I placed my hand over my stomach.

"You alright?" August asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

We continued opening gifts, commenting on each on one, until we had opened all of them.

"Anybody wanna say a few words to the parents to be?" Shelby asked. Before anybody had a chance to say something, Shelby started talking. "Alright, I'll go. Congratulations to the both of you. I love you, Mya and I know you'll be an amazing mother. And August, I can't stand you, but I'm happy for you and you better take care of Mya and Amiyah or I'm coming for you."

The guests chuckled as Shelby passed the microphone on to the next person.

"Mya and August, I'm so happy you're giving me a grandbaby. Congratulations, and it's if Amiyah turns out to be like how you were as a baby, it's going to be a lot a crying and stinky diapers. As a baby, all you did was poop and cry, then you'd fall asleep, wake up and poop and cry some more." My mother continued. I covered my face in embarrassment. "Anyway, I love you both and you can call me whenever."

Everyone continued to pass the microphone around. Even my father had some kind words to say to August and I.

"Pass me the mic." I heard August. I had my eyes closed because Amiyah had been kicking for the last few minutes.

"Alright, Mya, you know I don't really express my feelings, but I'm 'bout to pour my heart out to you girl." August said. I opened one of my eyes to see August. He grabbed my hand. "We been together since we was 16, now we grown and you carryin' my baby girl. You been with me through the struggle and you still wit' me now that we ain't struggling. You left for a little while, but you know true love always comes back. I never love anybody the way that I love you and I ain't gon' ever stop loving you. You and Amiyah are my world and I'm ready to be to be with you if you ready." August got of one knee and pulled a box out of his pocket. I placed both hands over my mouth and opened both of my eyes despite the pain Amiyah was giving me. "Will you marry me?"

The guests were all smiles and some people even had tears in their eyes like I did.

August and I both had recently turned 20. Was marriage really the next step for us? I wasn't sure if I was ready.

I looked into August's eyes as he waited for his answered. I opened my mouth to give him an answer. "I- oh fuck." Before I could tell August, I felt water go down my legs. 

My water broke.

Amiyah picked a bad time to come, but I was ready to see my baby girl. It was now or never.

~~~

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.