Chapter 3: First Time

|August|

Mya: I'll be late coming home today. I'm going to my friend's dorm to study.

I locked my phone and placed it into my pocket as I walked into the apartment building.

This situation that Mya and I were going through right now was driving her crazy. Being the man if the house, I didn't want her to stress and I was gonna make some money for us.

I didn't want to do anything illegal, and there was only one job that was legal and could make us more than enough money.

I didn't want to go back to my old ways, but it was what I had to do. Mya probably wouldn't even care no more as long as it makes us more money than what we're making now.

|Mya|

"Alright, so what is it that you do to help with your problems?" I asked. I didn't want to be here any longer than I needed to be. I wanted to go home and sulk in my bed for the remainderof the day.

William reached into his dresser drawer and pulled out something. He pulled out a small plastic zip lock bag with white powder in it.

I already knew what it was, and I wanted no part in what he was about to do.

He lined the coke on the table, held one nostril and inhaled it.

I stood up ready to leave. "Actually William, I forgot August and I are doing this thing today and I really have to go."

"Mya, just try it."

"I can't. I really have to go-"

Before I was able to finish my sentence, he cut me off. "I promise it will help you deal with your problems."

I took a deep breath, contemplating on whether I should do this or not. He says it will help with my problems, and I really needed help right now.

I sighed before holding one of my nostrils and inhaling the powder and wiped the excess from my nose.

~~~

"What's wrong wit' you?" August asked.

"Nothing, why?" I lied. There definitely something wrong with me. But I was loving it. I was on cloud nine and nothing could bring me down.

"You actin' like-" August started but stopped when I started laughing. "You wanna go to the doctor or somethin'?"

"No thank you." I said as I yawned. I had suddenly got really sleepy. "Goodnight June." I mumbled before I fell into a deep sleep.

|August|

I know Mya stressing right now, but I swear she losing her mind.

When we first started have financial issues, she reverted to drinking. I didn't even know where she got it from because she wasn't 21.

Her drinking became heavier and heavier and I know that's what she had to been doing before she came home. I know if she didn't stop soon, she would become addicted. The only way for her so stop drinking, is if she stops worrying about our money situation. And our money situation wouldn't be solved until I brought in the money for us.

The was only one way to solve this, and I would start tomorrow.

~~~

How are y'all feeling about Mya doing cocaine for the first time?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.