Chapter 6: If Only He Knew

|Mya|

I couldn't take it. I couldn't stay here. I didn't even know why August and I were still here, I mean, August hates my father, I hate my father, my father hates me, my father hates August. I just wanted to leave.

It was three o'clock in the morning and everyone was sleeping. I just wanted to get out of the house. I didn't want to do the cocaine or anything like that, I just wanted some fresh air.

I was trying hard to resist the cocaine ever since the effects of earlier wore off.

I wasn't addicted to the cocaine, nor would I ever be. I could stop if I wanted to, but I didn't want to because it made me forget about my problems.

I walked quietly out of the house, cautious of not waking anyone up. I knew the streets of New Orleans were dangerous, but I didn't even care. I just continued walking. I wasn't even going anywhere because there aren't really any places that are open at this time.

"Mya, is that you?" I heard from behind me. I wasn't going to turn around to see who it was, I was just going to keep walking. "Mya!"

I sighed and turned around because this person wasn't going to leave me alone. Once I turned around, there stood Marcus. I thought that he had died a long time ago.

"Wassup?" He asked.

Wassup? After all he did to me, he's just going to walk up to me and say wassup?

"Fuck you, Marcus." I said. I walked back home without acknowledging Marcus.

I walked into the house and immediately went into the bathroom. Nobody was awake so I didn't have to worry about getting caught.

I don't know why, but everyday, I felt myself needing more and more of the cocaine. I tried to not use so much this week, but I couldn't even do a day with out it. And I only had enough for two lines, but two lines didn't really do much for me anymore. Three lines or more was what made me happy.

I inhaled the final two lines, cleaned up, and walked out of the bathroom. As soon as I walked out, I bumped into August. Damn, I almost got caught. What was he doing awake at this time anyway.

August just stared at me, before finally yelling at me. "Mya, yo' fuckin' nose bleedin'."

I touched my nose then looked down at my fingers. I sighed and went back into the bathroom. This wasn't the first time this had happened.

"What you on?" August asked. Did he know something?

"What? Wh-What are you talking about? I'm not on drugs. You think I'm on drugs?" I asked. I wanted to sound like I was offended by him asking me that. Of course, I wasn't really offended, I mean, I was on drugs.

~~~

"Man, fuck this! Mya pack yo' shit, we leavin'! I heard August yell from downstairs. I knew this was going to happen. I should have never invited him to come home with me for Thanksgiving.

August and daddy had been fighting all day long, and I knew this moment was going to come. And I didn't bother to stop them, because I was ready to leave. I had actually had my stuff packed since last night.

I hopped out of bed, put my phone in my back pocket, and grabbed my two suitcases with a smile on my face. I quickly walked downstairs, told mama goodbye, and walked to the car.

I watched as August walked out of the house angrily with his stuff. Damn, he was sexy when he was mad. He put his suitcases in the trunk and got in the driver's seat, slamming the door.

"August, what happened?" I asked.

"He was disrespecting us. I wasn't finna listen to him talk about you like that." He growled.

I couldn't resist. Before he started the car, I grabbed his face and kissed him hard. It was so hard for me to live with him and not be able to kiss him.

August pulled away and started the car. He didn't even say nothing about the kiss, and I was a little offended.

There was no way that he didn't feel what I felt when our lips touched. And he was just going to not say anything as if it never happened.

"Mya."

"Hm?" I asked.

"Stop drinking. You addicted to that shit, and I'm gon' get you some help."

I hadn't even touched a drink in months. At first, drinking was my way to forget about my problems, now I was on to better things. But I was just going to keep letting August believe I had a drinking problem, rather than telling him the truth. What he didn't know wouldn't hurt him.

"Okay." I said. I wasn't going to even argue about being addicted like a normal alcoholic would.

 I was just going to sit back and let him think that I was an alcoholic.

If only he knew what was really going on.

~~~

Is Marcus back? Wasn't he dead?

So what are your thought about Mya pretending to an alcoholic so Aug won't find out about her cocaine addiction?

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.