Chapter 15: Group Meeting

|Mya|

When I woke up, August was gone. We slept in the same bed last night, but nothing happened between us, I just didn't want to be alone.

Last night I was fine, but now I wasn't. I was tripping. Hard.

I needed it. I needed it bad. But it was all gone, August flushed it all.

What the hell was I going to do without cocaine? I used it everyday at the mansion, but now that I don't have any, I'm losing my mind. I had to get my hands on some.

I was searching under pillows, under the bed, everywhere, in hopes that August had hid some of my cocaine instead of flushing it all. I knew there was no here, I had watched him flushed all of it. But I still had to look for it.

"What the hell are you doing?" August said, walking into the room.

"Uh, I'm just looking for my phone." I lied. August looked over to the dresser where my phone was charging. "Oh! It was right there the whole time." I awkwardly laughed.

I grabbed my phone and tried to walk out of the room, but August grabbed my arm. "Get dressed, I'm taking you somewhere."

I nodded my head. The only clothes that I had was the small amount of clothing that I left here where I left. It was mostly plain t-shirts and sweatpants.

~~~

"So, this is like AA, but for people who are addicted to drugs?" I asked. Although the rehab facilitation was fulled, they offered some kind of group meetings that August signed me up for it.

"Yeah."

"But I'm not addicted to drugs."

"Yes you are."

"August, I can stop. I haven't had any in a whole day. And counting." I tried to convince him.

"And these meeting are 4 days a week for the next month and a half." He looked over at me and smiled. "Have fun babe." He smiled harder.

i rolled my eyes and got out the car. "I'm not your fuckin' babe, asshole."

I didn't want to be here, but I didn't feel like fighting with August again. As August pulled off, I reluctantly walked into the building.

"I'm here for that drug addiction group meeting thing." I told the receptionist.

"First room on the right." She told me and pointed down a hallway.

I walked to the room and silently slipped in, hoping that no one saw me walk in.

"I quit my job, my wife left me and took our kids with her, but I didn't even care. I used it every moment of everyday. I was so gone, that I didn't even realize that my wife and children had left until three days later." A guy spoke, telling us his story of his drug use.

"Thanks for sharing your story." Some lady said. "We have someone new joining us. Would you like to share your story?" She looked at me.

Everyone else was looking at me, but I turned around to see if everyone was looking at someone else.

"Me?" I pointed to myself and she nodded. "Oh no. I jus-"

"C'mon. All of us here have shared our stories. Let us here yours." She poked.

I sighed and stood up. "Hi everyone, I'm Mya. I'm a spoiled girl from New Orleans, Louisiana. My parents always gave my whatever I wanted. But the one thing they didn't give me was my now ex-boyfriend. My parents, mainly my father, didn't like him, but I loved him. I rebelled against my parents and I dated him anyways. Anyways, my father developed this hatred for me. August and I broke up, but I still moved to California with him for college. College came with a bunch of expenses and the money we were getting wasn't helping. This guy offered to help me with my money problems and I accepted his offer. He introduced me to cocaine and I've been hooked ever since. Now I'm here." I explained. I purposely left out some parts of the story because I didn't need a bunch of strangers in my business.

"Thanks for sharing your story, Mya. Alright everyone, that's all the time we have for this meeting, but I hope I get to see all of you at our next meeting."

There were refreshments in the back of the room for after the meeting was over. I walked over, grabbed a cookie and went outside, where I spotted August's car with him inside.

"How was it?" He asked.

"Fuck you. Never bring me here again." It wasn't that the meeting was bad, I just wasn't comfortable with sharing my life story with people that I didn't know.

He laughed and drove off.

~~~

Comment.

Vote.

Follow.