23 - Lost

Pete

When my mother was killed infront of my eyes the news flashed,  Sia sangnathem, wife of famous businessman shot dead. Reports have suggested that a mafia gang is behind it.

I still can't get it out of my mind. How much I hated those people. And the person I love is one of them. Is this why he was hiding the truth from me? I was standing at my balcony, as usual, I ran away. I ran away from Vegas. He looked betrayed and hurt. It has been 3 days since I last talked to him. I don't know how I feel towards him anymore. It's like he turned into a totally different person. How come we aren't getting any peace? Also, about my father. I can't help but get more curious about who he is? Is he alive?

3 days back

'Pete, just stay here. I'll go back. You can have your space here, right.'  Vegas was panicking. He looked hurt. I don't know how hard it was to open up infront of me. But he was a murderer. He killed innocent people. Maybe the child who came for the Orphanage whose parents were killed by mafia, he was behind him or it was his orders. I cant forget it.

'Vegas, Please. Stay away from me.'

'Pete I trusted you. You wanted me to be honest.'

'I did. But I never expected that from you.'

'Pete please. I left that work. I don't do that anymore. This was also one of the reason why Pa wanted me to work with you. So that I can start afresh with new life. Leaving all those things behind.'

'Vegas, let me go for now.'

'Okay, then let me drop you. Going alone is risky it's midnight.'

'Fine...' We both were silent the whole time. He dropped me at my home.

'Pete, please come back. I'll be waiting.' His voice was demanding but his eyes looked hurt.

Present day

Vegas and my dad both hid things from me. I don't know how to feel about it. But I missed Vegas, he was trying to become a better person. He started smiling to the staff, his patience was increasing. He didn't liked kids but he was trying to join me with them. He was making efforts and truth to be told I missed him. He hasn't called me or texted me since 3 days. He really is giving me space but I can't let him go. Sam's words are still ringing in my head, ' His father is a big manipulator, good at Gaslighting and playing games. No doubt why he has turned like this. I was lucky enough to live in a different country otherwise my dad would have done the same with me. He really admires his dad.'

What if he gets manipulated again? What if I push him again in that pit. I need to take him under control. I can make him a better person. Guess I need to take the initiative this time. So, I texted him. Pete you need to do this.

'Can we meet?' My message was seen in the next second. He called me instantly.

'Babe. How are you?'

*_*

'Pete. I was waiting for your call. It's okay if you don't want to talk to me.'

'Let's meet.'

'Fine. Where do you want to meet?'

'The usual restaurant.'

'Pete. I'm sorry. But it's not safe to talk outside. Can you come to my apartment instead. I'll pick you up.'

'I'll come myself. At 7?'

'Okay. I'll be waiting.'

Vegas