Chapter 3

The party went smoothly for a good three hours. Bruce and Dick talked to most of the rich business men with kid flash close to Richards side. Aqualad watched the front near the fountain. Ms. Martian was flying above in the bioship in camo-mode. Artemis sat on the roof and superboy was in the back with zantanna. Some how the riddler had snuck in to the party. A couple of gun shots were heard and everyone started to panic. Wally quickly looked around looking for the gun men. After a second or two it hit wally that he had to get Richard out. Looking back to the smaller boy next to him, picking him up into his arms bridal style he started to run out. Wally couldnt help but think that dick felt alot like robin. His weight and voice and other things he did that could drive wally crazy were the same things robin did. "Where are you taking me?" Dick asked? " I'm unsure." Wally said " well maybe to central city park." Wally added running as fast as he could. "That should work." Dick agreed. Soon after that they made it to the grassy park in the middle of central city. Slowing to a stop kid flash set the boy he had been caring down. Dick sat on the ground and immediately started to play with the grass. Wally followed suit. They sat in silence for 15 minutes before kid flash felt awkward. "So tell me about yourself Dick." Wally said most awkwardly. " well its a long story but everyone knows about the flying Grayson tragedy and how Richard Grayson was adopted by the billionaire bruce wayne." Dick said laying back. "Tell me about it I have the time." Kid flash said trying to get comfortable. "Well when I was younger I lived in the circus. The flying Grayson's is what we called. My parents did this stunt where they would do the trapeze with no safety net. Well this guy get the rope and my parents fell to there deaths. People say it was lucky that Bruce happened to be at the show that night. He went to the police station and told the cops he would take me in until they could find a relative of mine. Well they never did so bruce flat out adopted me after a year living with him." Dick explained. " so you went from poor circus boy to richest boy in Gotham over night?" Wally asked . "Yeah pretty much.so tell me is there anyone you have a crush on?"

"Promise you won't tell them?"

"Yeah just tell me who she is." Dick said trying g to hide the sadness in his voice. He knew wally would most likely never like him like that.

" its The boy wonder, robin.... he has been my best friend since I became a side kick. At first I thought that it was normal to care about someone in that way until we started this team. It was then I realized I was in love with him...." Wally just stopped talking. He put his hand to his ear and nodded. "I have orders to take you back and that batman is waiting for you in the secure location. " kid flash said looking a little sad. "Well maybe we can hangout again. You seem like a cool kid, I just wouldn't want you to be in costume but you can't tell anyone your secret identity. "

"We'll see. Let's get you back. " Wally said picking up the boy add he did before. They met batman in a warehouse in the out skirts of Gotham city. Apon entering wally set dick down. Batman soon appeared." Good job kid flash, now get back to the cave and I'll talk to all of you. " he said as dick walked over to him. Before wally left he saw dick move under the Cape and have it closer behold him. He felt the bat glare and did the only thing he could. He turned and ran leaving dick in batman's hands.