Chapter 23

I sat in the room for hours as Batman continued to torture The Joker.Harley was tied to a chair and sat in the far dark corner.  They never cleaned her face off, i tried to ask what had happened but no one would tell me. Joker wouldnt stop laughing and i think i had it engraved in my mind. "Tell me!" Batman would hell and joker would laugh. "Ask nicely please." Joker would say. and it would start all over again. That is till Harley woke up.  She started to cough and Jokers smile faded. Batman signaled for me to grab her from he corner. "Whats wrong Joker?" he asked him. 

I wheeled the chair to batman and he placed her almost in front of him.  "Let her go Batsy this is between you and I." He demanded. "She apart of this too. " Batman said slamming his hands on her shoulders. "Mista J. what is going on?" she asked him clearly in pain. " Tell me Joker!!" Batman screamed. He stayed silent. "Have it your way."  Batman delivered a powerful hit to Harley's already bloody face. The noise Harley made was discernibly horrifying.   She had already been hurt really bad and no matter how many times I asked no one would tell me what had happen. 

"We altered some of Scarecrow's fear serum and implanted it into his mind. You have you information, now just take me back to Arkham." He said in defeat. I have seen Joker act this way. Why? What has changed in him this time? Why does he all of a sudden care about Harley? 

"Superman take joker back to Arkham. Flash deal with Harley, she needs medical attention. Kid Flash come with me." Batman said and no one dared to interrupt him.  I followed him to the batmobile and he we rode in silence all the way back to the cave.  It was scary, he had no idea what was going through his mind.  

"We're going to the fortress of solitude." Is all he said as he walked through the portal. I followed him, half excited half worried. I have never been and its exciting to be able to go, but Batman is just taking me for a tour. 

"Robin!" He called out and i wondered why he was here. There were robots every where, laying on the floor dismembered. "Find him quickly, just do not engage." Batman said and i zoomed off checking every room i saw. I finally found him perched on a high beam in the corridor.  I didnt see him at first i only head that bone chilling cackle.  " Hi Wally." his voice reminded me of the Joker. I watched him swan dive towards me and land on top of me. " Kid Flash!" I heard batman say. "You're to late Bruce." the pain rushed through my head as he bashed it. Everything was fading.