California

*Jay's Pov*

"Tell your brother that I can't meet him tonight." Said Taylor as she slung her bag on her shoulder and had started to leave the locker room.

"Why? Are you okay?" I asked as I chased after her.

"I'm fine. I'm just tired."

"C'mon. Today was rough. Surely you can let loose for a bit."

"Fine."

"Yesss." I cheered as she let a small smile show.

I got to Molly's at around five and I sat down with the unit, minus Taylor.

She was looking around the place as she drank her beer. She seemed distant and I didn't like it. I got up to talk to her but sat back down when Will walked in.

He smiled to us and we did our brotherly handshake before he walked over to Taylor's table and took a seat.

*Taylor's Pov*

"Hey. I'm glad you could make it." I said to Will as I got up to greet him.

"Hey." He said as he hugged me back.

We took a seat as I ordered a beer for him and Hermann quickly brought it over.

"Cheers." He said towards Hermann.

"So, tell me about your life before. I can't believe we've known each other for three months and I don't actually know that much about you."

"Well I used to live in Chicago. When I was older, I moved to California for an undercover case. When the case was over, I joined an older unit. I was always the one catching badguys because most of them were too old to run anymore. The government didn't see a point in keeping the place open so they shut it. The guys retired and I relaxed for a bit."

"What did you do?"

"I worked out everyday, went on runs and would often go surfing."

"Oh cool. Living the dream."

"Yeah. What about you? How did you become a doctor?"

"I'm a bit boring. I just went off to University. Worked in New York before I came back for a job at med."

"I heard you fell out with 51 on one of your first days."

"Yeah. I told them that we should just let Kelly die."

"Jeez. Bet that one went well."

"Yeah, real well."

"So, what do you do for fun around here?"

"I don't know. Drink."

"Boring."

"What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. We could go for a walk or something."

"Why not just stay inside and talk? It's cold outside."

"Good point." I laughed.

"So, any pets?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Do you have any?"

"Nope. Always wanted a dog but I just can't find one I really like."

"Well, I'm sure you'll get one soon."

"Yeah. I need to. I might get one from a shelter."

"Sounds like a good plan."

It was getting late and I really needed to leave. I had work tomorrow and so did Will so we parted ways.