Revenge

*Jay's Pov*

When I woke up in the morning, Taylor was no longer in bed and with a bit of exploring, I found her in the kicthen, cooking breakfast.

"It was supposed to be breakfast in bed." She said with a small laugh but it lacked humour.

Had I hurt her?

I went to approach but she stepped out of my path and went to the fridge, avoiding me. When I walked towards the fridge, she moved away again and went to the cupboard.

Reaching out, I grabbed her hand and pulled her into my body so her back was resting on my chest and I could just feel how tense her muscles were.

"Okay, take a seat."

"Can't do that," She said, avoiding me again and moving towards the oven. "I have things to keep an eye on."

"Taylor, why are you so tense?"

"Didn't you get the message?"

"No? What message?" I asked as she slid her phone over the table to me.

It was a message of a meeting place in some hall in Chicago. We often held events or yearly award ceremonies for first responders in the hall. Except this time, it was going to be filled with parents from all around the world that were worried about their child, who had been kidnapped.

"Just breathe. It's going to be okay. What's the worst thing that could go wrong? They blame you for what happened to their child or they call you murderers." I said as I poured some orange juice for both of us.

"Thanks, Jay." Said Taylor as she glared at me.

"I just mean, that you know you are not like that and you know it isn't your fault. Ignore whatever they say."

"Okay." She mumbled as she turned around.

"C'mon, take a seat. I'll do the rest."

"No, it's okay." She said, kissing my cheek.

She had made a normal breakfast of pancakes and fruit with yoghurt and then she had made some cookies in the oven.

As I got up to grab some plates, I spotted a few tubs on the side that I would normally use to store food like scones or something baked. I opened it up, seeing about thirty to maybe forty cookies, homemade might I add, as well as some cupcakes in the other tub, which had also been made. I looked at her, seeing her close to tears and went to walk over but she held her hand up.

"Taylor, talk to me."

"I bake...when I'm stressed. Some people stress eat but I stress bake."

"I don't mind. I like sweet treats."

"Yeah but I've used a lot of ingredients."

"It's fine. You live her now, yes?"

"We hadn't discussed it."

"Now we are. I would like you to live with me."

"Okay. I will."

"Good. Now, bake as much as you want but no fruit cakes."

"Got it."

"Or carrot."

"Okay, I won't."

"Good."

The door opened and Will walked in, kicking off his shoes at the door before walking over to greet us.

"Hey." He said as he opened the fridge.

"Hello, to you too." I said as I watched him act like he had always lived here.

Taylor just started laughing, causing both of us to look at her and join in. I had to smile, I mean how couldn't you. My girlfriend was in a pair of shorts with my top on, laughing and smiling widely.