003. mierda

003.

mierda

AGENT ALVAREZ - AGENT HALSTEAD

It was obvious to everyone at Code Eleven and even Atalia that Jay had a bad past at Chicago. It was something that always came up but he deflected it like a pro; playing it off. Atalia never knew what it was about him that just made her feel like she knew everything about him. She didn't. Not like she wanted to. He had put up an armour so strong that she doesn't think she'll ever overcome. She could remember the day clearly when she asked about his life in Chicago.

 "That's irrelevant now." he spoke in a soft voice. "What matters now is you; us. You're my future." 

Maybe it was the conflict in his eyes as if he was not ready to let go of his past or that he wasn't in love with her but she didn't care even when sometimes thinking about it felt like a being stabbed over and over again. Atalia Alvarez was completely and fully in love with Jay Alexander Halstead and sometimes she wished he was too. Maybe she was too self conscious or maybe it was true but somehow the ending was the same; her heartbroken.

 Her thoughts were disturbed by Red calling her from his side of the bullpen. "Lia!" he shouted again when she didn't respond; a phone in his hand. She turned around in a swift; tilting her head to the side as if to ask what?

"Where's Halstead?" he questioned her. "On field." she replied almost immediately. "Oh. Well there is a unknown number on. Tell him to stop giving people our number for absolutely no reason." he huffed in annoyance as Atalia stopped herself from giggling at her boyfriend's habit. Red kept talking about something on the phone when he suddenly stopped halfway as if he just remembered something; muttering a sorry to the person on the phone as he basically threw it at Atalia. "Take it for me. Omg! I forgot to send in the case's file." he yelled; sprinting away from her.

 She laughed hiding her smile with her left hand; securing the phone in her dominant right hand as she sat down on the chair. "I'm sorry ma'am. Can you repeat your name?" Atalia asked once she had cleared her throat; her eyes now on the screen infront of her as she typed on the keyboard. "Detective Hailey." A feminine voice on the other line spoke. "Badge Number?" she asked to which Hailey quickly responded. Atalia tapped on the Code Eleven's database which showed a verification of Hailey's badge number and phone number. 

 "Okay, Ms U-" she asked; unsure of what to call her when Hailey cut her off by saying, "Detective. Detective works too."'Atalia mumbled a uh huh as she pinned the phone in between her shoulder and her ear as she asked, "Well okay detective, may i wonder why you called Code Eleven's headquarters?" "My husband. He works here? He stopped answering my calls."  Hailey asked unsure on what to say but Atalia got it. The first year she worked here; calls would come in everyday for David or Jacob. Not that there were any David and Jacob in Code Eleven. "Can you give me a name?" "Jay." As soon as the words left her mouth; all the oxygen had left her body as she shook her head. No, it can't be. There were a thousand people named jay, right? but still she asked, "Jay Halstead?" she asked in a low wobbly voice as Hailey immediately replied in what Atalia sensed to be disgust; "Ew. What? No! Jay. Jay Edwards."

Mierda she whispered as she walked up from her chair; giving the call to Jenna; walking up to the restroom. She stood in the mirror thinking this was the day she would start going crazy. She chuckled when the song started playing in her head.

  "Don't blame me,

 your love made me crazy." 

Love was many things.

It caused people suffering. 

It caused people death and sometimes if you're lucky, 

it was caused you immense happiness. 

For her, it made her crazy.

 ______

i love you all!!!

this wasn't supposed to be posted today but- happy reading ig!

also tell me your favorite song and I'll try to base off the next few chapters on it!!

xoxo,

Mar.