𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 10

The next day, Y/N woke up with Nari teething on her finger. Y/N's stomach growled in hunger so she went downstairs to make herself some pancakes. She made the pancake batter and turned on the fire. As she was waiting for the pancakes to cook, She felt strong hands snake around her waist. 

"Yeonjun.." Y/N said as she tried to remove his arms around her waist but failed. The doorbell rang and Yeonjun whispered, "My mom's here. Dress up". He tugged on her hoodie, signaled her to change, and then answered the door. "Hi Eomma-" Yeonjun opened his arms to hug his mom but she avoided him and started looking for Y/N. 

Y/N dressed up and went to the kitchen. "ay.." She said in disappointment because she forgot she was cooking the pancakes. She threw away the burnt pancake and ate the rest. Y/N went to the living room and saw Yeonjun and his mother talking.. "Oh Y/N, Please take a seat I need to talk to you, "Yeonjun's mother said and Y/N sat down beside Yeonjun. "Soo.. 2 weeks ago, Yeonjun handed you a contract, right?" his mother said, Y/N nodded. Mrs.Choi handed Y/N an old piece of paper, it was yellowish and it was firm. Y/N read the contents of the paper. 

The letter:
Dear Mrs. Choi

I've written this letter in peace and I have no intentions of attacking.. I am aware that you are very upset about the death of your husband, but I would like to request something...
Once your son Yeonjun is of the right age to start his missions, I'd like him to marry
my adoptive child, Kang Y/N, so that our Gangs will unite and come together as one.. I will give
you ₩128,000,000 in return.

Respectfully,
Mr.Kang

"Mr.Kang sent that letter to me a very long time ago.. I've tried to decline but he kept threatening us and he kept sending men to attack us.." Mrs.Choi said. "Y/N.. You can choose now if you wanna drop the engagement or not.. It's completely your choice" She said in a sincere tone. "I'll think about it.." Y/N said. for the next hour, Mrs.Choi said some more information about Y/N's adoption and how manipulative Mr.Kang is. "How do you know this?" Y/N asked, "Before my husband died, He and Mr.Kang used to be really good friends. They used to always tell everything to each other, then it all ended when he killed my husband just because of a deal" Mrs. Kang answered. 

"I better get going! see you, kids, next week!" Yeonjun's mother waved goodbye and headed to her car. Minutes later, Y/N went upstairs and started to prepare Nari's pet carrier and her toys, She went downstairs and searched for Nari. "There you are!" Y/N said as she picked up Nari And brought her to her pet carrier. Nari yowled as Y/N carefully placed Nari inside her pet carrier, Y/N hissed in pain 'cause Nari scratched her arm after she placed her in the pet carrier. "You have no choice, you're going to the vet~" Y/N said teasingly to her cat and went downstairs. "Where are you going?" Yeonjun asked, "I'm taking Nari to the vet" Y/N responded. "You're not going anywhere alone without me" Yeonjun got up and grabbed the car keys from Y/N. 

They drove for a couple of minutes and they reached the vet. "Just wait for me here," Y/N said before she closed the car door. Yeonjun waited patiently inside the car and just watched as people went in and out of the door. Someone caught his eye, A man with all black clothing and the back of his hand had a tattooed symbol on it.. He immediately got out of the car and went inside the vet. 

He went inside the vet room Y/N was in and told her to be quick. Y/N filled out Nari's Vaccine book and they both left the vet. Yeonjun drove fast and Y/N held Nari in her arms. "duck.." Yeonjun said as he drove faster and brought his gun from the little compartment in front of Y/N. Yeonjun started firing bullets through his glass window and drove faster. Yeonjun shot the person who was driving and the car went off the road. "What the fuck just happened?!" Y/N said as she fixed her hair and looked around. "Somebody attacked us" Yeonjun answered. Y/N and Nari fell asleep for the rest of the ride.