Chapter 12*Revised*

3 days left

              Wei Wuxian had to improvise as to why he couldn't spend one of his free days with his brother. It took a lot of arguing and whining to convince Jiang Cheng to let him go meet up with Lan Wangji. That day's classes were optional since they were about the history and mythology of the Lan Clan. Normally Wei Wuxian would have loved to learn more about his mate's sect and how he was taught but they still had an elder to convince. He also had to figure out who to invite as his closest person the day Lan Yi mentioned.

              It was definitely not going to be his brother that was for sure. As of lately, the boy had been even more short-tempered than normal with Wei Wuxian. Jiang Cheng would blame him for things that happened even when he wasn't around. At least twice now Nie Huasang had come to Wei Wuxian's rescue when Jiang Cheng had shoved him against the wall while yelling. No, his brother was not his closest person. In his mind, it was still a debate between his best friend Nie Huasang, or his Shijie. Worst he felt inviting one or the other would be a betrayal of sorts to either.

             He was still extremely stressed out from his argument with Jiang cheng and all the things that still needed to be done when he arrived at the meeting place. Lan Wangji took one look at him and pulled him into a mind-melting kiss. It was a heated, messy, and passionate show of dominance from Lan Wangji. Lan Wangji's hands pinned him firmly in place by the waist and neck. He made sure to nibble and lick into the boy's pliant mouth. 

           Lan Wangji felt drunk at the feel of Wei Wuxian submitting to him even in this small way.  The boy only pulled away when he realized Wei Wuxian couldn't breathe. He only pulled far enough away to see Wei Wuxian's dazed face as the boy pulled oxygen into his lungs. Lan Wangji could feel Wei Wuxian shaking against him and felt smug knowing he caused that.

              Slowly Wei Wuxian's shaking subsided and he was able to think clearly again. He noticed the smug look on Lan Wangji's usually expressionless face and rolled his eyes. He stomped away like a little kid grumbling about egotistical mates who did whatever they wanted. An amused Lan Wangji followed slowly behind him happy he succeeded in distracting Wei Wuxian.

             It took them some time to find the elder's house. The house itself was a simplistic 1 to 2-person house. The location of the house was strange since it was so surrounded by trees the sun couldn't reach it. Wei Wuxian slowed down and grabbed Lan Wangji's hand in hopes of relieving the eerie feeling around the place. His every instinct was screaming at him to run away as fast as he could, but as a cultivator, he felt ashamed of this reaction. 

                 Lan Wangji led the way to the door seemingly unaffected by the intimidating air around them. He knocked gently while his other hand rubbed soothing circles on his mate's hand. It took a few minutes for the door to open. A stern-faced woman stood seemingly studying them without any emotion. "This elder is in seclusion what is it that you young ones need?" Her voice was sweet sounding but held the weight of cold steel.

               Wei Wuxian bowed to the elder before speaking to her as respectfully as he could. "Forgive us the interruption we were told by Lan Yi to seek out your aid. We would like to request your attendance in three days' time during the lunch hour in Lan Yi's cave. Lan Yi said you might be able to help us stay together."The woman looked them over before inviting them inside to tell her everything that was happening. Wei Wuxian explained to the best of his abilities while under her piercing gaze.

            She nodded before placing her teacup down and staring them down. " I will help but I need something from you young man. What is your secondary species?" Wei Wuxian looked down thinking of how to answer since most people hated vampires. " I-mmm - I am part phoenix and part Vampire Madam." He was surprised when she smiled gently at him. " Good, I have been waiting for you child. My late husband was a vampire who came from the West lands. An oracle had foretold that a powerful young vampire would need his aid. Most don't know but the reason a lot of half-vampires go mad when they truly awaken is that they lack the aid they need.