Chapter 10*Revised*

5 days left

                The following day was a little chillier so Wei Wuxian had to fight himself to get out of the covers to go meet with Lan Wangji. Still, he managed with only mild grumbling about this bloody cold mountain and how it should be warmer since it was closer to the sun. He hurried to their meeting spot while making sure not to be seen by the other disciples. Just before barging into the clearing he stopped to take in the view. 

                  Lan Wangji sat perfectly still on the rock staring deeply toward the waterfall. It was easy to see that his mind was not there at the moment. It was too good a chance to pass up. Wei Wuxian sneakily managed to get behind Lan Wangji without detection and blew into the boy's ear. Lan Wangji jumped and swung his sword immediately almost beheading Wei Wuxian if he hadn't parried the attack with his sheathed sword.

              Recognition lit up in Lan Wangji's eyes and he put his sword away from a laughing Wei Wuxian with mild aggravation. "Oh come on Lan Zhan it was funny." Wei Wuxian spoke as he wrapped the other boy in a hug. Lan Wangji's muscles relaxed a bit in Wei Wuxian's hold. "Shameless" Pulling Wei Wuxian away from him Lan Wangji glared before turning around and walking away. Once again Wei Wuxian had to rush to catch up to the embarrassed red-eared Lan Wangji.

           This time they had to go through a cave before finding the house they were looking for on the other side. The house itself was small for 1 or 2 people at most but it was elegantly decorated. Many runes lined the stone pathways surrounding the house. Wei Wuxian felt like a kid in a candy store. Some of these runes had been lost through time and runes for arrays and talismans were a passion of his.  He hoped whoever was in this house could teach him what all the runes around them did.

           Lan Wangji had to drag him to the door by the arm so Wei Wuxian wouldn't touch anything. He knocked and waited politely holding Wei Wuxian around the waist so he wouldn't wander off. The door opened within seconds making Wei Wuxian straighten up with a flush on his face before it melted into wonder at the person who opened it. Lan Wangji was also stunned for inside the house was an older version of himself with a more relaxed aura. The golden eyes of the man scrutinized them without any emotion showing at all before inviting them inside and making tea.

           His voice was a few octaves deeper than Lan Wangji's and a bit gravelly from being unused. "Since you got past my barriers I know you mean me no harm. I am curious however about what young ones would need from me since I was even removed from our clan's history. Forgive me this one is Lan Hui courtesy Junjie younger brother of Sect leader Lan Yi." Lan Junjie waited patiently till Wei Wuxian spoke up. 

          "Forgive us for disturbing your seclusion elder Lan. We were sent here by your sister Lan Yi for help. This one is Lan Wangji one of her descendants and I am Wei Wuxian a descendant of her true mate. We are supposed to be mates however acting Sect leader Lan Qiren would rather seclude him and send me back to be enslaved than approve the match. So Lan Yi asked us to gather specific elders to meet at her cave in 5 days during the lunch meal to remedy the situation."

          Lan Wangji just nodded along to Wei Wuxian's explanation to Lan Junjie's amusement. "Do you children know what my sister has in mind?" They both shook their heads negatively making Lan Junjie smirk at them. Both boys froze it was too strange to see that kind of reaction on what was essentially a copy of Lan Wangji's face. Lan Junjie patted their heads in a calming manner and promised to be there for them that day. He could tell Wei Wuxian wanted to say more since he was bouncing in his seat but looking warily at Lan Wangji like he didn't want to disappoint him. 

           "What is it Wei Wuxian? I can tell you wish to ask something else." Like a huge pressure was removed from the boy he jumped up and grabbed Lan Junjie's hands to both Lan's surprise. Lan Wangji looked half way ready to roughly pull Wei Wuxian back to himself possesively but a sharp glance from the elder stopped him.