The Moment of Truth

Y/n's POV

I turned my head toward the source of the voice. Two unfamiliar figures came into the house. One girl just stared at me, I couldn't tell if there were some shocks or not. The other girl looked amazed by the fact that I stood in front of her.

"Woah, are you okay now? Are you real?" she walked closer to give a nudge to my shoulder. I was about to answer when the quiet girl came as well to poke my right arm.

"I'm okay... Thank you for having me" I replied politely as my gaze fell to a halo above this energetic girl. I hadn't realized Hanni's race, but this girl was quite obvious. It's my first time seeing an angel with a halo. She must be purebred.

"Be careful, girls. Y/n just woke up this afternoon" Hanni told them.

"Oh, so you're Y/n. Nice to meet you, I'm Danielle, but you can simply call me Dani" she opened her arms, telling me to accept her hug. I carefully got into her hug, reciprocating her gesture.

After she released the hug, I stared at the other girl. She had yet to introduce her name.

"Do you want to guess my name?"

Huh? Literally, there are a million kinds of names and she asked me to guess which one her name is? I felt dumbfounded for no reason...

"Hey, don't test Y/n like that" Danielle defended. The other girl just chuckled, "Okay, my name is Haerin", she also offered me a hug.

Why are they all so friendly? Nevertheless, I accepted it.

Only Minji and Hyein remained, so I asked Danielle and Haerin about their whereabouts. "Oh, don't worry. They're with us, just talking about some businesses. That's why they walk behind."

Because of their answer, now my gaze wouldn't leave the main door, waiting for them to come in. I was nervous to meet my saviors.

'Can they get here already?' I mindlessly thought. I could feel their gazes, but I only focused on the door.

Slowly, the creaking sound came, "I do believe there is prospect of a cooperation, but we have to make the fi-" the girl in a suit didn't get to finish her sentence when she saw me standing between Danielle and Haerin.

"Oh..."

Right, to them, I must be familiar, yet still unknown.

Before anyone could start another conversation, I let my body walk by itself toward the figure that just came in. I didn't know what I would say, but I moved first.

Fortunately, they didn't feel any bad intentions came from me, that's why they were standing still. However, the confusion turned into surprise as they saw me kneeling in front of them.

I bowed on my knees, "I don't know where to start, but how thankful I am is what I want you to know. I... was ready to die that day, thinking that it would surely end my suffering. I thought... Although I was alive, I wouldn't have any place to go. As I tried to keep my consciousness, I became scared of dying. I thought that I wasn't ready. I tried recollecting happy memories, hoping it would give me the slightest warmth because, at that time, it was cold, really cold. I-"

I choked on my own words, I wasn't sure if they even wanted to hear this, but no one said anything as if they were waiting for me to continue.

"Amidst all the sadness I felt, thank you for holding my hand and keeping me warm. Thank you for choosing me over anything else you can do. Thank you for giving me this second chance in my life" I said, now staring deeply into Minji's eyes. Did she notice my tear-stained eye? Because she wouldn't look at any other way.

"That's why..." I continued. "If you were to be the one to take this second chance, then I would let you.

It was short but thank you for the comfortable bed you lent me.

Thank you for the meal you cooked this afternoon, Hanni" this time I looked at Hanni.

"Thank you for the hugs you gave me, it was warm" and that was for Dani and Haerin.

Minji glanced at Hyein, somehow giving her a code that she was the one that should give me a reply.

Hyein understood and slowly knelt to the same level as me. She rested her hands on my shoulders, "Don't take your life for granted, Y/n. All of us here value one's life, so don't say you can give it to us that lightly. Saving you is simply Minji's and my decision as a living being with common sense."

Then, Hyein helped me to stand on my feet. The next thing I know, Minji was already in front of me, "Don't ever kneel for any of us anymore" the tone of her voice was cold, but it surely gave me a sense of reliability. Her position as a bodyguard surely fits her image.

My heart beat in excitement for what was about to come, I thought it was not a mere second chance. It must be a miracle.