Dandelions (pt.2)

Haerin's POV

People might not expect it, but I like reading a lot. Fable, folktales, or even myths. All of them were interesting. However, there's a saying I like the most. They told me if I was able to blow out all the seeds of a dandelion in one go, then that special person of mine would love me back.

I had never been in a field of dandelions before, let alone touching one, but every time I saw her eyes, I saw everything I wanted. I could even imagine a dandelion in her eyes. All I have to do is to overwhelm her completely and blow her away by telling her the truth. However, I had never been able to muster the courage to do so.

And so today, I didn't really feel the urge to interact with her. I wanted to spend time alone thinking about these.

About what I should do when her eyes remind me of the delicate petals. 

About the way they sway in the wind is like the way she makes my heart flutter.

And how I wish... we can become more than just friends.

I was in my own world when suddenly I heard Y/n's voice across the door. She asked for my permission to get in. Why?

She had been here so many times and yet she kept asking every time she was about to get into my room. Nevertheless, I permitted her, and the door was opened almost quickly.

She walked closer and plopped herself onto my bed.

I gave no response, but neither she gave a response.

"Y/n unnie?"

I shook her shoulder gently, but still no response.

Now that I was aware of something, she was sweating, not excessively, but enough to ignite my initiative to check her temperature.

I pressed the back of my hand against her forehead, and it was burning hot.

"What are you doing, kitty?" I didn't know what she was dreaming about, but I could tell she was shivering by her trembling voice. Gosh, this girl really knew nothing about how to rest. How could she manage to fool the others this morning?

The fact she did all the housework and I stayed in my room not helping her...

I sighed.

I fixed her position on my bed before running outside to get a towel with a basin filled with water. Just like how Hanni unnie was used to treat me when I was having a fever, I pretty much did the same. After all was done, I could only wait for her to get better and wake up.

I found myself in a chair and sat beside her. I spent my time reading as I waited. I didn't expect myself to be this distracted by the sleeping Y/n. However, her soft snore gave me a little bit of relief as her breathing was ragged before.

She even sometimes talked in her sleep.

"What is your favorite fruit?"

I chuckled at her question. It was so random.

I took some time to observe her while fixing the strands of her hair.

Why does it have to be her?

I can't even answer that question.

She's not the brightest person I've ever met, Minji unnie probably is.

She's not the most empathetic person I've ever met, Hanni unnie probably is.

Dani unnie's beauty will be the talk of every village and town we visited.

Hyein is probably the most diligent person I've ever met.

If I were to explain this feeling, I guessed it was indescribable. It's like excitement, happiness, and contentment was mixed with nervousness and uncertainty. I wanted to spend more time with her and get to know her better. Her smile, her quirks, and even her flaws became attractive to me. Whenever she was around me, my heart would beat faster, but I would also feel like everything was right in the world.

Unknowingly, I became quiet around her, and couldn't help but treasure every moment with her.

I stopped my daydream and removed the dry towel to check her temperature. I leaned in, pressing our foreheads together. Her fever had come down, it's mild now.

"Haerin, I-"

Y/n's sudden voice surprised me. I immediately pulled back, "Sorry, Y/n unnie! I'm just trying to check your temperature."

"Oh..." was all she said.

What was that supposed to mean?

Now she was wide awake, I guessed she was sleep talking before. If by any chance, I managed to control my emotions, what would she say about me in her dream?

Why is she dreaming about me?

Curiosity aside, Y/n seemed to be better, she slowly sat and stared at me.

"What?" I couldn't get used to her staring. "Is there something on my face?"

"No... It's just...," Y/n looked flustered. "I guess it's nothing. Sorry for the inconvenience, I'll wash your bed sheet now."

She was about to get up, but I held her hand.

"Stay, Y/n unnie."

"I'm totally fine now."

"No, that's not it, look." I pointed out the window, the trees followed where the wind went. Raindrops were hitting my window with an unsteady rhythm, creating a calming sound.

For short, it's raining.

"You won't be able to dry the bed sheet anyway, so why won't you just rest?" I reasoned.

I thought I managed to persuade her when she said, "Okay", but it turned out she had changed her intention.

"Hey, Haerin, do you want to do something with me?"

I didn't know what she meant, but I just got along with it. She guided me out of my room.

And what we did afterward just gave me a sudden wish. Because she wouldn't let me forget that scene, the easiest thing to ask for...

Give me a dandelion to blow.