Color Me Blue (pt.2)

Y/n's POV

"I never know that Lady Hyein doesn't have a taste in recruiting."

"Just what quality does she have?"

"It must be a pity."

"Urgh, those voices...

"Uhmm..."

A girl made her way to me. It was the same girl I helped just now. I asked her to meet me in private because I didn't want people to think badly of her as well. Hyein and Minji were settling the case with the nobles in charge of the city. Knowing that my presence would attract more people, I excused myself from the town and searched for a quiet place. I gave the girl a signal to follow me.

"You can call me Y/n." I said as I gave her chaneries back.

"Sorry, because of me..."

"No, don't be. It's not your fault."

I could feel the guilt in her expression. Then, it just came to me. This might be our last encounter anyway, it wouldn't hurt to ask, right?

"Why me?"

Out of the many people she could ask for help, why would she choose the obvious? She could see my horns clearly. It's supposed to be hard to ask a demon a favor.

"That's because you're a demon."

'What?'

"I'm sorry, but I don't understand. You purposely chose me when you know that I'm a demon? For what reason?" I failed to comprehend her reason. Her expression suddenly changed. I stepped back a little because her aura wasn't the same anymore.

"I want to test your ability. Of course, pickpocketing wasn't something I planned. When I saw you, I just used my chance to know you."

I furrowed my brows.

"Please don't think badly of me." She opened her chaneries and pulled out a necklace. Whatever necklace it is, it must cost me a fortune. It was clearly made of gold with red diamonds almost filling the whole necklace.

She wore the necklace, and I couldn't believe what happened next.

-

Hyein's POV

The conversation with the head of the town was tiring. He said that there were no eyewitnesses, how absurd. Although the people must have focused on their job decorating the town as the queen of the kingdom would visit, Y/n unnie wasn't even trying to harm the pickpocket.

"Is my decision to take her with us wrong?"

"Nope," Minji unnie said without doubt. "She's having fun here and that's because of your choice. You made the right decision." She patted me on the head.

I returned it with a smile. That's good then.

It's hard for me to decide on something, especially when it's crucial. Since I had some authority, certain options seemed to be easy, but the burden of the consequences was greater.

I took out my pocket watch, I guessed it was time to call for Y/n. The queen was about to make her appearance in an hour.

We walked toward the place Y/n pointed to before.

That was when we heard her shaky voice, "Who are you?"

Was she talking to someone? I immediately took a look. My eyes went wide when I recognized who she was.