Childhood Dreams (pt.2)

Hanni's POV

"My angel of light~" Y/n sang out loud.

I was walking hand in hand with Y/n. Of course, not to any village because we had no reason to go there. I planned to visit my master. She used to teach me about sorcery stuff.

It's not that I forgot, but I thought that it's not easy to turn Y/n back as she was. I couldn't just make an aging potion. The effect might be different, so it's better to make a potion that nullifies the anti-aging one. That's the potion I had never made.

"We're getting deeper into the forest" Y/n warned, her voice wavering. Her grip was getting tighter, "What if there is a bear? Or a wolf?"

Knowing it's almost impossible, Hanni tried to convince the little girl, "Then I will protect you."

"But you will get hurt... because of me." Y/n's eyes were already brimming with tears. "I don't want that. Let's go back home!"

Y/n pinched my skirt and pulled me to the road we had passed. I didn't even have to try, but we stood still in our place. She had no power to pull me over.

I couldn't deny that I got flustered because of her words though. Part 2 of wanting Y/n to stay in that form crossed my mind...

"Y/n, look at this" I cast a spell, and a spear made of ice pierced through a tree near us.

"I'm stronger than Mr. Wolf and bear. I'm capable of protecting both of us. Do you trust me?" I crouched down, so I could reach her height.

Y/n hesitantly nodded a few times. I offered her a hug, which she quickly accepted it.

"Carry me on your back."

"Sure"

-

I knocked on the door, hoping she was available right now. We arrived in front of a forest house. Y/n was sleeping on my back. Ugh, she must be tired of walking that far, though I walked farther.

I heard a creaking sound and my focus changed.

"Oh, Hanni? Long time no see?" woah, my master's face was still the same.

"Good evening, master Sakura"

"Just drop the formality, I'm no longer your master haha" she opened the door widely and let me in. finally noticed something on my back, and she added, "Wow, Hanni, I don't know that you have married."

Understood what my master meant, "What?! NO. This kid is not my child. This is Y/n, my..." Hanni thought for a moment, "Friend. She accidentally drank my anti-aging potion too much and this is the result. Somehow it affects her memories as well, so I think it's better to make her a potion to nullify the anti-aging effect."

Sakura chuckled, "I see."

"You do know how to make one, right?"

"Will you be disappointed if I say no?" she teased me.

"I won't be disappointed, but anxiety will attack me for sure. I have to turn her back to normal before my friends come home." Oh gosh, did she really not know how to?

My mind started imagining every situation I had to explain if I didn't manage to turn Y/n back.

"Don't worry, I know."

I sighed in relief.

"You can put her first on the couch, so we can start making the potion."

Oh right, I forgot I was still holding her. Damn, once she slept, it's hard to wake up, huh? I gently put her on the couch and headed toward my master.

The ingredients were already prepared, "It's okay, you can just watch and learn. You need it quickly, right?"

"Yeah..." I couldn't deny it.

I thought it was going to be awkward since I was supposed to just watch, but it turned out Sakura kept asking me about my relationship with Y/n.

"How old is she actually?"

"A year younger than me, I guess."

"Is she a human?"

"No, she's a demon."

"Whew, is she really just your friend?"

"What is this? An interview?" I snapped.

"Please, I'm curious, okay? I've been living here alone for years, of course, any story will sound very interesting. Plus, the way you look at her is kind of affectionate."

What? Really? "We are not like that... We're just friends."

From Sakura's expression, I guessed she couldn't believe me yet. Why?

"Any potential for her to be y-"

"Don't...." I whispered.

"What? I don't catch that."

"I don't know."

"I'll take that as a yes then," Sakura said, but I replied nothing. I didn't want to be drowned any further in my fantasy. Although I might see her that way one day, she wouldn't look at me the same, right?

I looked over the sleeping figure, 'I miss the real you already.'

-

"You can ask her to drink it after 30 minutes. The effect might not work immediately though" Sakura carefully instructed me.

My job was done here. I bid my farewell to my master and walked home. Y/n was still asleep, so once again I piggybacked her.

The return trip was lonely as I expected. No one talked with me. I used to feel the same when I was alone in the house. However, after Y/n stayed with us, every day seemed very interesting to me. I had someone to keep me company.

"Hanni unnie?" Y/n woke up, her voice was hoarse.

"The sky is already dark" she yawned and rubbed her eyes.

"Yeah, you sleep for a long time."

"Sorry, you must be tired of carrying me around."

Damn, everything I said always sounded wrong, "No, I'm not. You're not heavy." I said while shaking her to show I had many energies left.

"Okay, I understand, stop" she requested, and I chuckled a bit.

"Hanni unnie is always kind" she suddenly said. I was taken aback. Nevertheless, I kept walking.

"Today is the first time I meet you, but I feel like I have known you for quite a while. You keep being nice to me. You keep saying that you will protect me. So, I feel safe when you're with me." She added.

I just gave her a "hmm" as a response, kind of hoping she would say more.

"I want to be like you as I grow older. I want to be kind and strong, so I can always give you a piggyback. Until that day comes, please stay with me, yeah. Don't leave me."

"What are you talking about? Of course, I will always stay with you" ugh my heart, why did she have to be this sweet?

I wondered if Y/n would remember this when she turned back to normal...