Beautiful Mess (pt.1)

Y/n's POV

I forgot how long I'd been standing right in the same spot because the 'kind' girl in front of me wouldn't believe it when I said it wouldn't work.

It would be easier if she asked me to do it with my right hand.

I put my full concentration on my left hand, but the fire wouldn't come out.

Right, it wasn't long after I gave her the letter I wrote to her. Here I was, practicing using my power. What I didn't expect was that she would train me like a spartan....

"If you can emit the energy from your right hand, you must be able to emit it from your left hand as well." She spoke.

One thing, I shouldn't have said that I was only capable to produce fire with my right hand...

Now, I was stuck here, glaring at my left hand, hoping something would come out.

"You can convert your energy into fire. Rather than hoping the fire would come out, you should direct your energy to the left hand of yours first" she continued lecturing me.

Is she a psychic or what? Why can she read my mind?

"I don't know. I just can't" I really didn't want to complain, but it just came out of my mouth. I truly wanted to become stronger so I could protect them, but my body wouldn't listen.

In this house, Minji unnie is the only skilled fighter. Haerin can fight too... if she turns into bigger animal that is. I've never seen Danielle and Hanni unnie fight, but I think they can use magic.

C'mon, if there is any willpower, there will be a way.

I tried changing my focus. Just like how I direct the energy to the right hand, I tried changing it to the left. There's truth to what Minji unnie said. I could produce fire through my right hand, why my left couldn't?

My arm felt heavy. It started trembling heavily not long after. I thought it's going to work, but it led to cramps...

I sighed, "May I rest for a m-"

I didn't get to finish my sentence as I noticed a kick was coming for my face. I quickly ducked down. I was getting Deja Vu, but this time, it felt like the air above me was cut. There's a sound followed after as if a sword cut through the air.

When I got back to my normal stance, she launched a punch, once again toward my face. That's when I made the worst decision ever.

I caught it with my left hand. An excruciating sensation of pain was slowly spreading from my left hand to the forearm, to the arm, and now my shoulder could feel it too. It's not because of the impact I guessed... because I could definitely feel my skin burning. Actually, both impact and the burn did hurt me.

It was until the left sleeve of my shirt started burning that a sudden wave of energy knocked me back. I crashed over some pots and broke them immediately, reminding me once again that I was in the garden. The sound must be loud because the other four girls came out to check on me.

"Minji unnie, please don't be too harsh!" Dani shouted while running toward me, but Minji stopped her.

"Don't come any closer. I know how to control my power"

I was really hoping they would come to me, but I got Minji instead. She walked closer toward me.

All of a sudden, I could feel liquid trickling out. 'Did I hit my head?' I wiped my forehead and found out it was just sweat.

'Why am I sweating so much?' I could see both of my hands trembling even more.

"What's stopping you?"

Huh?

"What's stopping you?" she repeated once again.

'Stopping me? From what? Keep practicing? Keep fighting? Keep what? Fear? Because of fear? Is this fear? Am I scared right now?' I couldn't feel anything other than fear. I couldn't even think properly.

"You're used to using your right hand on every occasion. Now that your right is stronger than your left, every time you're attacked, you're always more than ready to sacrifice your left hand. IF... I break or cut your right hand from the beginning of a battle, then you won't even think that you still have your left. Instead, you will think that your life's over."

She's right.

"Learn to appreciate every part of your body. From what I see, your left hand is rejecting you" and just like that, she left the scene. She went into the house, leaving the other four girls and me.

"Gosh, let's treat your wound first"

After Hyein said that, I didn't remember much of what they were saying. It's like I was in my own world, thinking of what just happened.

I thanked them after bandaging my left hand, then I excused myself to go inside my room, asking for time to be alone.