Beautiful Mess (pt.2)

Minji's POV

Dinner time was almost up, and Y/n still didn't show up. She locked herself in her room. It's reasonable because of this afternoon's incident. Yeah... definitely reasonable.

Alone in the kitchen, I grasped the mug hard, able to shatter it if I was willing. However, I decided to put it down and sighed.

'Maybe I have to apologize... No, I MUST apologize'

"This is killing me..." I groaned.

A sudden presence joined me, "Someone's having a hard time, I see" it turned out to be Hanni. She put down her plates in the kitchen sink.

"If you're here to tell me that I must apologize to Y/n, don't worry. I'm about to do it." I got a feeling that she at least would mention it. We'd known each other longer than the rest. If someone could read my mind and action, it would be her. So, it's better to move first.

"I know, that's one of two things I want to talk about" she countered casually.

"What is the other one about?" I took a sip of water from my mug.

"It's about you."

"Me? What's wrong with me?"

"You're becoming like your father" the mention of my father managed to make me completely break the mug. I glared at her, it'd been a long time since we talked about this topic. When we do, I never and won't ever like it.

"You better clean up that mess" she added, referring to the shattered mug on the floor.

I felt anger inside of me, yet I couldn't talk back to her. Why? Because it's true? No. I didn't want to believe it.

I saw her leave the kitchen and as she did, I took a deep breath.

"F*ck"

-

No matter how mad I was, I had planned to apologize to Y/n, so I kept my word. I walked up to the second floor.

"Y/n, this is Minji. Are you there?"

She literally made me wait. No response.

"Y/n, can I come in?" I asked again.

This time, it didn't take much time for Y/n to respond, "Please stay there." It didn't sound cold to me.

From her volume of voice, it didn't seem like she was far from the door. As a matter of fact, I assumed she was standing right behind the door.

I took a step closer to the door, "And why is that?", asked an obvious question, pretending to be dumb. Great job, me.

"B-because... I'm embarrassed by myself."

Now... That's unexpected. 'She isn't mad at me? Instead, she's embarrassed by herself? What kind of logic does she have?' I silently judged her.

I glanced over at the living room, it was empty. Nice.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I offered, not expecting anything since she hadn't even opened up about her past.

"Sure"

Unexpected (part two).

"I asked you to teach me in that letter. I want to be stronger, yet I ask for the easy way when I know such a way doesn't exist. When you put some sense into my mind, I feel ashamed of myself." Y/n started.

I didn't give her any specific response (yet), I wanted to hear the full story, so I just gave her a simple, "hmm."

As if she understood me, she continued, "The first time I managed to activate my power, I was beyond ecstatic. I thought at that time, I would be able to help more people with my power. However, people got scared of me instead. So, I did what I could do. I made the most minimal effort to improve my skill. Hence, I don't really care if my left hand can do nothing. As long as my right hand can protect me from my bullies, then it's enough for me, but... Now, I don't need to be scared of holding myself back. In fact, I want to be stronger so I can be braver to protect the most important people to me."

I could hear a groaning behind the door, 'she's annoyed?'

"Ugh, a people pleaser like me, SO PATHETIC"

Then, I heard a soft thud sound. I just knew that Y/n rested her forehead on the door, it's so her. Therefore, I joined her to do the same. I put my forehead on the door, hoping Y/n's would be right across mine.

"I'm sorry," I said softly.

"H-huh? I should be the one who says sorry. You did nothing wrong, seriously. It's my fault for taking your teaching lightly" her panicked voice made me chuckle a little, but then again, I was a little annoyed, to be honest. Why does this kid keep blaming herself?

"If you still want to have your privacy, let me talk, Y/n."

Yeah, I planned to break into her room, kind of wanted to calm her down and explained myself, but Y/n's voice was no longer there, so I could start speaking.

"Don't you think it's me who's hypocritical and pathetic?" I once again glanced at the living room and it was still empty. "Hey, Y/n. Want to hear something about me?"

"Yes."

Maybe it's not absolutely a bad thing to open up to someone. I should stop keeping things to myself.

That way, this heart would start healing.