chapter seven

Jisung should have listened and wore something warm, because even though the daytime was always humid and hot—the nights would get pretty cold.

He was wearing blue baggy jeans and a simple grey hoodie that complimented his black hair perfectly. He even put a tiny bit of blush on, trying to make himself cute for the older.

He stood in the middle of the bridge, looking out in the ocean and just listened to the sounds of waves crashing into the rocks on the shore.

His body slightly shivered as a chilly breeze blew his bangs, messing up his hair completely when suddenly he felt a pair of arms wrap around his torso as a warm body pressed against his back, holding him securely.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" Minho softly asked, looking at the sun barely hovering over the horizon and let go of the younger.

"Oh, I didn't hear you walking towards me." Jisung replied out of breath, the hug catching him completely off guard. He was so grateful it was dark and the other couldn't see his burning cheeks.

"You could say that's one of the many things I'm good at."

"Walking quietly?" Han questioned, smiling cutely.

"Yeah." They both chuckled.

"So you say many things, huh? What else are you good at?"

"I may or may not be good at football." Minho said and rested his elbows on the bridge railing, leaning over to look at the sea. Jisung did the same. No eye contact, no awkwardness—just a simple conversation.

"I know that already, but what else?"

"Hmmm... I can cook pretty well."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah, I usually cook breakfast for everyone like I did today. Maybe someday I'll cook you something that you wouldn't feel bad eating." Minho gently said.

Oh no, what's happening and why is Jisung smiling like an idiot. It hasn't even been ten minutes and he swears it's love at first sight. No, it can't be. He's just nice and that's attractive. That's all. Right?

"Yeah, maybe."

"Tell me something about yourself, Han."

"Uh, my favourite colour is red." That's all he could think of.

"Wow, TMI don't you think?" Minho laughed.

"I don't know what else to say."

"I don't know, like what college do you go to?"

"I don't." Han said.

"Didn't go? Why?"

"Wasn't my first priority and didn't have the money for it. Still don't."

"Understandable. College is definitely not the most affordable thing in the world. It's quite a privilege actually." Minho said and it made Jisung feel so much better, knowing that he wasn't being judged for not getting the education like everyone else is.

"Yeah..."

"Do you have a job or something like that then?"

"Prostitution."

"Actually?" The older's head turned so fast.

"No, I'm just kidding. I'm not a prostitute just yet. I don't really have a stable job, because of my mental health, but on my good days I work in a gas station as a cashier. Of course, I don't make as much as I would if I actually showed up everyday, but it's still something." Jisung explained, trying to contain himself from oversharing too much.