CHAPTER TWO (Wally)

The next morning, (Y/n) arrived at the studio bright and early, ready to dive into his work. As he walked through the hallways, he noticed a janitor pushing a mop bucket. The man had a friendly smile on his face, and (Y/n) couldn't help but feel drawn to him.

Hey, how's it going?" (Y/n) asked, trying to be friendly.

Wally let out a long sigh. "Same old, same old. Just another day at the grindstone, kid."

(Y/n) could sense that Wally was feeling down, so he asked, "Is everything okay?"

Wally shook his head. "It's just this place, you know. Joey Drew Studios. It used to be something special, a place where creativity thrived and magic happened. But now, it's all about the bottom line. All they care about is making a profit, and they'll do whatever it takes to get there."

(Y/n) was surprised to hear Wally speaking so critically of the studio. "But you've been working here for years. You must love it, right?"

Wally chuckled bitterly. "Love it? Kid, I've been here for so long, it's become a part of me. But that doesn't mean I like what it's become. The artists are overworked and underpaid, the
management is more concerned with deadlines than quality, and the whole place just feels like a factory, churning out the same old stuff over and over again."

(Y/n) could tell that Wally was tired of the grind, but he didn't know what to say. "I'm sorry to hear that, Wally. Is there anything I can do to help?"

Wally gave him a wry smile. "Nah, don't worry about it, kid. You're new here, you haven't been jaded by the system yet. Just do your work, keep your head down, and try to make the best of it."

(Y/n) nodded, understanding what Wally meant. Despite his gruff exterior, he could tell that Wally still cared about the studio and the people who worked there. He was just tired of the way things had changed over the years.

As they parted ways, Wally gave him a nod. "Good luck with your work today, kid. And remember, don't let this place get you down. We're all in it together, whether we like it or not."

(Y/n) walked away, feeling a sense of admiration for Wally. He may have been gruff and tired of the studio, but he was still kind and willing to help. (Y/n) knew that he would have to be careful not to get too caught up in the politics of the studio and stay focused on his work. But he also knew that he could always count on Wally for some hard-won wisdom and a bit of humor, no matter how tough things got.