CHAPTER FIFTEEN (Toys)

(Y/n) was taking a break from his animation work when he ran into Thomas Connor in the hallway. Thomas looked like he was in a hurry, carrying a toolbox and some pipes under his arm.

"Hey, (Y/n), you got a minute to help me out?" Thomas asked, his gruff voice echoing through the empty halls.

"Sure, what do you need help with?" (Y/n) replied.

"I gotta fix a leaky pipe in the music department, but I could use a hand holding some stuff while I work on it. You mind lending me a hand?"

"Of course not," (Y/n) said, following Thomas towards the music department.

As they worked, Thomas started making small talk with (Y/n). "So, how's it going with the animation work? You guys getting close to finishing up the new cartoon?"

"Yeah, we're getting there," (Y/n) replied. "We're just trying to wrap up some loose ends and meet the deadline."

Thomas grunted in response. "I bet Joey's breathing down your neck to get it done on time, huh?"

(Y/n) laughed. "Yeah, you could say that. But we're making good progress, so I'm not too worried."

Thomas paused his work for a moment and looked at (Y/n) seriously. "You know, I overheard some interesting news at the studio the other day. Seems like Joey's got big plans for those Bendy characters."

"What do you mean?" (Y/n) asked, intrigued.

Thomas leaned in closer, his voice low. "I heard that they're planning to start production on plush toys of those Bendy characters. Can you believe it?"

(Y/n)'s eyes widened in surprise. "Really? That's big news."

"Sure is," Thomas said. "But if you ask me, it's just another way for Joey to make a quick buck off those characters. The whole studio's been going crazy over them lately."

(Y/n) nodded thoughtfully, suddenly feeling a bit uneasy about the whole situation. "Yeah, I can see what you mean. But hey, as long as we're making good cartoons, that's all that matters, right?"

Thomas grunted in agreement. "You got that right, kid. Just make sure you keep your priorities straight and don't get too wrapped up in all the merchandising nonsense. That's not what it's really about."

(Y/n) thanked Thomas for his help and went back to his animation work, the news about the plush toys weighing heavily on his mind. He couldn't help but wonder what the future held for Joey Drew Studios and the Bendy characters.